Doctors - should I complain?

Bollie

Oh, that's a whole new issue - don't get me at started!

Every time I speak to them, the receptionists always, every single time, ask me what it's for. Whether i'm speaking to them about me or the kids, they always want to know.

I have no idea why they do this but it can be a little bit awkward when the waiting room is full of patients listening!!

She's probably trying to work out if you can just see a nurse practitioner or if it's necessary for you to see a GP. You don't HAVE to discuss your condition with the receptionist, but if it's something a nurse practitioner could deal with, please don't occupy a GP appointment - as you've encountered already, their time is already in stupidly high demand. Perhaps you can suggest that it's inappropriate to discuss your condition in public and request a private area if it's absolutely essential - that'll probably put her off. She'd have to get out of her chair ;)

As a "customer" that has to see the quack fairly frequently I think you shot yourself in the foot to be honest, if I am requested by the Doc to return for any reason, I book an appointment before leaving the building.

I understand my post is not helpfull to you, but maybe next time you have to revisit, you will book before leaving.

I would attend the "urgent slot" hour anyway, despite what the receptionist says. They are not qualified to comment on ANY condition. Good luck.

Angel.

Oh, that's a whole new issue - don't get me at started!

Every time I speak to them, the receptionists always, every single time, ask me what it's for. Whether i'm speaking to them about me or the kids, they always want to know.

I have no idea why they do this but it can be a little bit awkward when the waiting room is full of patients listening!!

When I get "...whats wrong wi yer ?"... I wish I could reply with "I don't know...thats why I'm booking an appointment with someone thats had some medical training..."

I'm sure receptionists don't have an easy job, but they can be rather unpleasant.

As others have said...just turn up, and if they challenge you on it, all you have to do is explain that YOU felt it was sufficiently urgent.

When I get "...whats wrong wi yer ?"... I wish I could reply with "I don't know...thats why I'm booking an appointment with someone thats had some medical training..."

I'm sure receptionists don't have an easy job, but they can be rather unpleasant.

As others have said...just turn up, and if they challenge you on it, all you have to do is explain that YOU felt it was sufficiently urgent.

Oh how I wish I had the guts to say that! Love it!