Doctors - should I complain?

Bollie

Write to the practice manager if you feel strongly about it. The receptionist could probably have dealt with it more sensitively but I have a feeling at the end of the day the actual theory of how she dealt with it was solid.

I'm sure you're really uncomfortable and it's very unpleasant for you but when they have such a limited amount of time to see urgent cases I guess they have to be quite tough about what is and isn't urgent and unfortunately I think exzema will fall firmly outside that category, after all you were okay to put up with it for another week while you tried the oilatum.

I struggled through the week. Believe me.

Just turn up Monday hun. If the doctor saw you last week for eczema in the urgent slot then he will see You again. Have you tried betnovate? A friend was covered head to foot in eczema recently. She had tried everything then the doctor prescribed that. A week later.......hey presto........all gone.

Just turn up Monday hun. If the doctor saw you last week for eczema in the urgent slot then he will see You again. Have you tried betnovate? A friend was covered head to foot in eczema recently. She had tried everything then the doctor prescribed that. A week later.......hey presto........all gone.

I used it for years - immune now unfortunately. Thanks though! x

I would go anyway , as firstly patient confidentiality dictates you don't have to tell ANYONE other than your GP about your illness/condition and secondly it is not "just"eczema as you are in a lot of discomfort and also your skins is your bodies first line of defence and plays a major part in your well being anyway ( not that a GP receptionist will understand this!) and if a serious infection sets in you could be in trouble ( happened to my brother when he was younger).All this I am sure you know but don't bend to people who know nothing about your situation, turn up at the clinic and when you see the GP demand that s/he make an appointment with Dermatology as it is quite clear they don't understand how to treat you properly. Good luck and hope you get it sorted x

I would go anyway , as firstly patient confidentiality dictates you don't have to tell ANYONE other than your GP about your illness/condition and secondly it is not "just"eczema as you are in a lot of discomfort and also your skins is your bodies first line of defence and plays a major part in your well being anyway ( not that a GP receptionist will understand this!) and if a serious infection sets in you could be in trouble ( happened to my brother when he was younger).All this I am sure you know but don't bend to people who know nothing about your situation, turn up at the clinic and when you see the GP demand that s/he make an appointment with Dermatology as it is quite clear they don't understand how to treat you properly. Good luck and hope you get it sorted x

Oh, that's a whole new issue - don't get me at started!

Every time I speak to them, the receptionists always, every single time, ask me what it's for. Whether i'm speaking to them about me or the kids, they always want to know.

I have no idea why they do this but it can be a little bit awkward when the waiting room is full of patients listening!!

This is a disgraceful situation

I don't think it's helping that she's hearing 'just eczema' when what you're saying is 'eczema', and what you ACTUALLY mean is 'chronically debilitating eczema which shocked even the doctor'

Ring up for a call out. State that it's excruciatingly painful to get clothes on in this condition and you're not walking to surgery naked. The on call doctor will have to ring you back and you can take it from there

Oh, that's a whole new issue - don't get me at started!

Every time I speak to them, the receptionists always, every single time, ask me what it's for. Whether i'm speaking to them about me or the kids, they always want to know.

I have no idea why they do this but it can be a little bit awkward when the waiting room is full of patients listening!!

Well I have done this a number of times- insisted that I discuss my problem with a Dr not a Receptionist. I once even asked to speak to the Practice Manager....the receptionist never kicked up a fuss after that! You still have rights and would insist on your privacy. At my GP there is a triage system where the Gp will ring you back and they decided if you need an urgent appointment or not x