Owls vs Blades matchthread.

We were stood on Hillsborough corner before the game and the blades were non existent and we wondered if they were coming ?

We walked up to the ground and wondered what's going on where are they ?

Got inside the ground and there were about 7 people in united shirts and the rest in plain clothes obviously going about there business quietly and blending in.

The blades sung about 3 songs and got on the back foot then got absolutely out sung and tormented by the wednesdayites and were non existent

period !

All i can say is barry has big ........ but when it comes to the crunch hides, blends in and cowers like a little girl ! :hihi:

I just could not believe the lack of songs from the Blades fans, I thought we made it a great atmosphere on our own, brilliant to see the ground full like that, it's a shame the Blades fans didnt add to the occasion.

good win for you lot today and god you needed it.but most of you would still take our position at the moment ,and if they say they wouldnt they would be kidding themselves.midweek the game against scunthorpe ,judging on our home form is easily winable and if so puts it back to 5 points clear,and still a game in hand.no need for apparently bottling anything .i would rather the points on the board with still a top chance of putting more space between 2 and 3 rd spot

the games are running out for swfc ,so no need to worry about us bottling it you still have got to win the vast majority of your games

I just could not believe the lack of songs from the Blades fans, I thought we made it a great atmosphere on our own, brilliant to see the ground full like that, it's a shame the Blades fans didnt add to the occasion.

To be fair, it was your Cup Final...*ducks* :hihi:

*I am joking of course...

Edited by sheff71

To be fair, it was your Cup Final...*ducks* :hihi:

I've seen wednesday live in 5 cup finals (3 FA & 2 league) - how many you seen united in? (0?) you are not our cup final.

Edited by Joe-b-1

Haven't commented much on here lately, but here goes.

I thought before today that we'd probably have settled for a point, United strong at the minute, and our form has been poor at best.

Derby games always make me nervous and are never totally enjoyable affairs, and we can all say stuff about it only being another game etc etc, but the derby is special, if you don't think so then go and support someone else.

Anyway, i thought United started off really well and looked dangerous from the off, getting down the channels and playing some good football. The free kick you guys got was bang unlucky not to go in. After that things settled down and it was nip and tuck for the rest of the first half.

The second half was a different matter, i thought we dominated and United ran out of ideas. I thought O'Grady's goal was class, and deserved, he put in a lot of work today and got his reward.

Lots of positives today which i haven't been able to say for a while, but what i will say is that i still really fancy United for automatic promotion, if they don't panic (which they did a lot of today) and keep focused, i can't see them having too many problems keeping going til the end of the season.

A big well done to all Owls and Blades for contributing to a cracking atmosphere. UTO

I've seen wednesday live in 5 cup finals (3 FA & 2 league) - how many you seen united in? (0?) you are not our cup final.

Glad you edited that,you had me scratching my head for last 10 minutes.:hihi:

Glad you edited that,you had me scratching my head for last 10 minutes.:hihi:

I have had a few mate.

I have had a few mate.

Dont blame you.:hihi:

Haven't commented much on here lately, but here goes.

I thought before today that we'd probably have settled for a point, United strong at the minute, and our form has been poor at best.

Derby games always make me nervous and are never totally enjoyable affairs, and we can all say stuff about it only being another game etc etc, but the derby is special, if you don't think so then go and support someone else.

Anyway, i thought United started off really well and looked dangerous from the off, getting down the channels and playing some good football. The free kick you guys got was bang unlucky not to go in. After that things settled down and it was nip and tuck for the rest of the first half.

The second half was a different matter, i thought we dominated and United ran out of ideas. I thought O'Grady's goal was class, and deserved, he put in a lot of work today and got his reward.

Lots of positives today which i haven't been able to say for a while, but what i will say is that i still really fancy United for automatic promotion, if they don't panic (which they did a lot of today) and keep focused, i can't see them having too many problems keeping going til the end of the season.

A big well done to all Owls and Blades for contributing to a cracking atmosphere. UTO

That starting 11 will not get promotion.

Ooops you have Wednesday on the brain...:D

Well even if it wasn't the Massive who beat you but another club in the same position it would have been a major blow. Wednesday is a big game. I reckon although United are no doubt a good footballing team they bottle the big games so we'll see in mid-week...

lol

Wednesday is a big game for us I agree.....One we should win but I thought we should have won this one today but oh well only time will tell.

Close like a team being ten points clear at the top? I think I can discuss it as this lead could have been affected by the result.

No one is safe so yes its very close cheeky - dont go getting too cocky hun.

i saw on the sheff wed forum today, that reverend and the makers were going to perform there new song at half time, so i told some mates this, only for it not to happen! some reet liars about