Snow thread 2012

I can assure you that there is no snow up Ringinglow Road.

There was snow last night this is a short video of it last night which my Oh took.

Maybe the two of you live at opposite ends of the road? :suspect:

It's simpler than that. The OP posted last night. DUFFEMS posted this morning. Snow melts.

It's simpler than that. The OP posted last night. DUFFEMS posted this morning. Snow melts.

Exactly Halibut the temp at the time was 0.5c at 420 Asl at the time the video was taken the tempreture had risen to 5.5 c this morning when i went past on way up to burbage moor hence why the snow melted.

Why do we have a 2011 Snow thread and a 2012 Snow thread? (Both with the same last post)

Because some on here live in a parallel universe??

Edited by Miss Creant

I always go to the snow megathread...... Mods, stop confusing us please!!!

Right, I don't want any next Saturday 28th, as I have booked a night in and B & B at Robin Hood's Bay. Am I am crummy at walking we are allowed to take the car down the hill .. Getting back up may be a problem if it snows. Lol. Big operation on the 1st Feb so need to see the sea so I can rest easy knowing that whatever happens, I've seen the sea.

Good luck with the op.

I always go to the snow megathread...... Mods, stop confusing us please!!!

The snow megathread was closed on the 23rd :)

There's still plenty of time for snow. The Met Office forecast for the second half of February suggests "...the most likely outcome is for much colder weather with winds mainly from an easterly quadrant to prevail, bringing widespread frosts, and snow to some areas. In this scenario it would be the east that would be most vulnerable to snowfall. There remains an alternative scenario, in which milder westerly winds prevail..."

Either that or it will be dark before morning.