Snow thread 2012

i work up lodge moor and its been socking most of the day snow settling really badly but on the drive down towards crosspool just a few miles away there hardly anything

Chesterfield then???........

:hihi:

Nope, that funny little road that takes you through into the top of Marsh lane

I live in dronfield and I have no idea what you're talking about. ?

There was sleet at about 2pm for about 5 minutes, but everything is fine here.

I think you have read my post wrong :suspect: i said there is no SNOW!!!! in Dronfield and the roads are fine yet as soon as you get into Holmesfield there is a covering and bits of slush on the road the problems on the roads start higher up on the road between Owler Bar and Fox House on the B6054.

Snow lauying thick?

Oooooh, you must mean the OTHER Dronfield.

If there was snow, I'd be playing in it.

Snow lauying thick?

Oooooh, you must mean the OTHER Dronfield.

If there was snow, I'd be playing in it.

There's only a tiny on the Grass that i saw at the very top of Dronfield Woodhouse on Carr Lane on my way the real covering starts from Holmesfield upwards as another poster has also mentioned.

Perhaps the weather has been variable in different areas and at different times today?! Horrid conditions for some at certain places and times, then clear half an hour later?

a friend has been stood on M62 at Brighouse for 3 hours!!

Woodhead is passable- one of my neighbours arrived home about 10 minutes ago from Manchester.

Snake is still closed and the M62 is apparently no fun at all.

Woodhead is passable- one of my neighbours arrived home about 10 minutes ago from Manchester.

Snake is still closed and the M62 is apparently no fun at all.

Is the snake actually closed due to snow or an accident ?

Is the snake actually closed due to snow or an accident ?

According to the BBC traffic news it's because of snow and ice, but I'm in Hillsborough in a nice warm living room, so it could be because of a swarm of flamingos on the road for all I know ;)

a friend has been stood on M62 at Brighouse for 3 hours!!

Bugger, bet he is cold been stood on the motorway for 3 hours, why did he not sit in his vehicle?.

Angel.

According to the BBC traffic news it's because of snow and ice, but I'm in Hillsborough in a nice warm living room, so it could be because of a swarm of flamingos on the road for all I know ;)

I read that Stockport had loads of snow the other day, it seems weird how extremely localised the snowing is.

Its nice and warm here too, keep looking outside though, just in case :hihi: