Sadness at daughter growing up

my daughter is 15 nearly 16...she started distancing a couple of years back...it was breaking my heart...i sat down with her one day and explained how i felt and that i didnt want to lose our closeness....a few tears n cuddles later we agreed we would make at least one day a week us time....we are as close now as we have always been....try telling her how you feel.....good luck hun xx

my daughter is 15 nearly 16...she started distancing a couple of years back...it was breaking my heart...i sat down with her one day and explained how i felt and that i didnt want to lose our closeness....a few tears n cuddles later we agreed we would make at least one day a week us time....we are as close now as we have always been....try telling her how you feel.....good luck hun xx

No chance of me doing that, she wouldnt hear me over the tapping of her nails on her Blackberry.

Send her a message to her Blackberry, I am not being facetious, I mean it communicate with her in the way she communicates with her friends. If it is the only way you can get her attenetion use it.

I have a daughter and found the distancing came at 15, she just wanted to be with her friends. I asked her just to spare one day for me every couple of weeks and she did, we shopped, went to the theatre or the cinema had lunch out and when she told her friends when she had done many were jealous because their parents hadn't got time for them. So you see it works both ways.

My daughter is now a beautiful, intelligent and independant young lady of 34, married with three gorgeous girls and there is not one day goes by without she phones me at least twice and I see her 2-3 times each week too.

Stick with it, it is worth it.

we are going through this with daughter number three, however keep your chin up our older two 'disappeared' for a while but came back to us, its different though, they give me advice and support as much as i do for them, i miss them as little girls but the adults they have become are people i would choose to spend time with so i have been blessed.

I will say this from a daughters point ! I too was the same ,thought I didnt need to stay in touch with Mum,cos we used to row all the time,cos I was an absolute horror when I was young ! But eventually we got close again and got more so every day ! Now I love her with all my heart and we are best friends aswell as Mother and daughter ! You will get her back you know ! She just needs to realise that she needs you ! And she will Im positive ! Just stay as you are which is a wonderful Mum and she will realise what she is missing ! HANG ON IN THERE ! Whoa that sounds so American . SORRY