How far shoulld we go yo catch the litter louts / fly tippers ?

You can prosecute them if they lie under oath though.

I have just driven on the long stretch of road to the roundabout at Coisley Hill and was only thinking about all the litter at the side of the road and in the hedges, there was what looked like a plastic sack full of rubbish just left standing on the grass verge. Why can't people take their rubbish home with them.

Some volunteers in Action for Stannington regularly take bin liners and litter pickers when they go for walks. When the bags get full they get left on the side of the road and collected on the way home. I'm not saying that's true of all abandoned bin liners just some up here in Stannington.

I have just driven on the long stretch of road to the roundabout at Coisley Hill and was only thinking about all the litter at the side of the road and in the hedges, there was what looked like a plastic sack full of rubbish just left standing on the grass verge. Why can't people take their rubbish home with them.

We hate litter so much (and love canals) that me and the wife generally go on the bi annual litter pick along the Tinsley canal. There`s unbelievable amounts of litter left there. What`s even more surprising is that much of it is left by anglers ! The very people who spend significant amounts of time by the canal ! You know it`s them because much of it is the packaging from angling products.

I would like to emphasise that not all fisherman drop litter though. In fact when we had a litter pick next to the River Don it was actually organised by anglers, and most of those on it were also anglers, including one all the way from Doncaster.

It just shows how different people are. There are those who have a positive effect on society, those who don`t really do anything either way, and those who positively improve the world.....

Oliver Letwin knows all about binning rubbish

What you really need to look at is why fly tipping is on the increase.

Maybe its because councils only want 'rubbish' they can sell and make it difficult for people to get rid of the stuff they cant.

Larger fly tipping could be reduced greatly by having our council dumpit sites household waste recycling centres being far less fussy about who uses their sites, what they dispose of and what kind of vehicle they allow on site. Most people would take their rubbish to 'the tips' if they were allowed in in anything larger than a Fiat Panda and didnt get interrogated and turned away for trying to dispose carefully something that the council didnt approve of.

Hit the nail on the head. The explosion in fly tipping have come about since the council thought up the stupid policy of banning large vans from the tips. As far as im concerned the council and their puppets at Veolia have brought this on themselves.

If you turn up at the gates at one of the tips in a large van ,the jobsworths who work there treat you as though you are trying to dispose of Nuclear Waste ,and turn you away,when all you want is to dispose of an old TV or sofa.

Until the crazy policy of banning large vans is scrapped ,fly tipping will get worse and worse.

Hit the nail on the head. The explosion in fly tipping have come about since the council thought up the stupid policy of banning large vans from the tips. As far as im concerned the council and their puppets at Veolia have brought this on themselves.

If you turn up at the gates at one of the tips in a large van ,the jobsworths who work there treat you as though you are trying to dispose of Nuclear Waste ,and turn you away,when all you want is to dispose of an old TV or sofa.

Until the crazy policy of banning large vans is scrapped ,fly tipping will get worse and worse.

I find this post very annoying, and potentially worrying, because, possibly without meaning to, it appears to make excuses for the absolute scumbags that are fly tippers. There is absolutely no excuse. They`re ignorant selfish anti social gits of the first order who, if I had my way, would be sent down, or at the very least given massive fines and forced to clean up litter/fly tipped crap, for months, for no pay, obviously.

I pray for the day when I get a chance to help prosecute one of them, it will make my year.

What you really need to look at is why fly tipping is on the increase.

Maybe its because councils only want 'rubbish' they can sell and make it difficult for people to get rid of the stuff they cant.

Or maybe you should stop blaming the council for other people's selfish anti-social behaviour. Make it difficult for people to get rid of stuff? They call round at people's bloody doors and collect it.

Or maybe you should stop blaming the council for other people's selfish anti-social behaviour. Make it difficult for people to get rid of stuff? They call round at people's bloody doors and collect it.

I totally blame the council for the explosion in fly tipping ,as they are the ones who have STOPPED large vans from using the dump it sites. :loopy::loopy:

NO ban on large vans using the tips = NO fly tipping . Simples.

Sadly the council are too thick to work that out.

Yes ,you can phone and get the council to come and collect ,say ,an old fridge from your house ,but they CHARGE you to do it . Why should someone who drives a van have to pay to dispose of something that a person with a car can dispose of for free at a dump it site. :loopy:

I get very upset seeing waste all over the country lanes, mattresses, chests of draws, plaster board with builders waste and nails etc it is so sad to think some individuals have so little respect for everyone else around.

I have often considered the logistics of putting cctv at each end of the road I use which gets abused so regularly, cue for wire thefts :(

Recently I was on a single track road behind a fire engine whos crew were deliberately setting waste on fire in a controlled way presumably as this is a cheaper/quicker way of dealing with the waste. Is this common practice?

Zero tolerance to this selfishness I say!

While I fully agree that fly tippers are selfish morally bankrupt low lives who should be banged up, the councils do make it hard for people to get rid of their rubbish.

I totally blame the council for the explosion in fly tipping ,as they are the ones who have STOPPED large vans from using the dump it sites. :loopy::loopy:

NO ban on large vans using the tips = NO fly tipping . Simples.

Sadly the council are too thick to work that out.

Yes ,you can phone and get the council to come and collect ,say ,an old fridge from your house ,but they CHARGE you to do it . Why should someone who drives a van have to pay to dispose of something that a person with a car can dispose of for free at a dump it site. :loopy:

You`re talking rubbish (literally) of course.

Not only is there absolutely no excuse for scum bag fly tippers, but, in case it`d escaped your notice, people drop litter and so forth even when there are litter bins around. Furthermore, much of the fly tipped stuff I see would fit in a wheelie bin anyway.

Quite apart from anything else, are you suggesting the council should accept possibly unlimited amounts of trade waste for free ? i.e. we as tax payers are paying traders to dump their waste ?

Get a grip man.

And Clarkson, as proved by his "shoot them in front of their families" is a sick git, who is disliked by far more people than like him. If you really want to be like him you want to take a good long look at yourself.