How far shoulld we go yo catch the litter louts / fly tippers ?

Interesting point number one, when does littering become fly tipping ? But I digress.

How far should we go to catch the litter louts/fly tippers ?

I hate them so my answer would be absolutely as far as we can. But this isn`t just a theoretical question because, when I found a load of litter dumped by a scumbag above Onesacre (near Oughtibridge) there were two receipts in it ! And, he (or she) had paid by card both times, and he (or she) even had a Boots Advantage card*.

Thus he/she could be caught if the authorities were prepared to put the effort in.

The question is, should they ?

I think they should but I`m sure they are people on here who disagree. So if any if them are prepared to put their heads above the parapet I have a supplementary question for them. If we shouldn`t trace bank details to catch litter louts/fly tippers, how else should they be caught ?

* The two receipts showed all sorts of other interesting info. One was from Morrisons Huddersfield, the other from Boots Meadowhall. Both were for only a few Quid yet the scumbag had used their card to pay for the stuff, so they`re also one of the annoying proles who hold up the queue by always paying for £3 purchases by card !

They were also dated on different days, so the scumbag regularly goes out to that beautiful spot and throws his/her litter out of the car !

What a complete and utter a******e.

Couldn't agree more, it just shows selfish disregard for everybody else, and no respect for others or indeed themselves - where's the pride?

I think the same when filthy smokers throw their tab ends from their cars, or chuck them onto the pavement when they're stood outside a pub or office building.

We're a bit to busy with scrotes on trains at mo...can you come back in a couple of days?

:)

I have a supplementary question for them. If we shouldn`t trace bank details to catch litter louts/fly tippers, how else should they be caught ?

I think that the problem there would lie with 'Proof'. As far that just because a discarded bag of rubbish may contain personal details, it dosent necessarily provide 'proof' that the person in question was the person who dumped it. Of course, its probable that the person DID dump it intentionally but unless this can be proved beyond reasonable doubt, i think it would remain circumstantial. (as far as small amounts of rubbish is concerned)

Fly tipping of larger quantities of rubbish is probably easier to prove as being intentional. Several large sacks of rubbish dont really 'fall' out of the boot of the car along with an array of knackered old white goods. Larger fly tipping could be reduced greatly by having our council dumpit sites household waste recycling centres being far less fussy about who uses their sites, what they dispose of and what kind of vehicle they allow on site. Most people would take their rubbish to 'the tips' if they were allowed in in anything larger than a Fiat Panda and didnt get interrogated and turned away for trying to dispose carefully something that the council didnt approve of.

I think that the problem there would lie with 'Proof'. As far that just because a discarded bag of rubbish may contain personal details, it dosent necessarily provide 'proof' that the person in question was the person who dumped it.

Good point, it could be a bin dipper searching for personal documents in someone's bin.

I think that the problem there would lie with 'Proof'. As far that just because a discarded bag of rubbish may contain personal details, it dosent necessarily provide 'proof' that the person in question was the person who dumped it. Of course, its probable that the person DID dump it intentionally but unless this can be proved beyond reasonable doubt, i think it would remain circumstantial. (as far as small amounts of rubbish is concerned).

Good point, perhaps I should have added (in the initial post) that at least two of the items dumped were on the receipts, and neither were that common either ! Anyway, if the scrote didn`t plead guilty (i.e. they denied it), they should just take finger prints or even DNA, then prosecute them for perjury........

Good point, it could be a bin dipper searching for personal documents in someone's bin.

Which bin, whose bin ?

Which bin, whose bin ?

The bin at the house of the person who shopped at Boots.

Someone could have lifted a black sack out, parked up and had a look through it for bank statements and then just dumped the rubbish at the side of the road when finished.

The bin at the house of the person who shopped at Boots.

Someone could have lifted a black sack out, parked up and had a look through it for bank statements and then just dumped the rubbish at the side of the road when finished.

But there wasn`t a black bin liner there, it was just ( I say just.......) about 10 items strewn round a pull in by a country road. I`m sure a decent detective could prove it, after all they find murderers with far less to go on.

What I`d do here is trace them, which really wouldn`t be that hard, and if they admit it I`d prosecute them for littering. If they deny it I`d get the big guns out and do them for perjury, because, let`s face it, they`ve basically lied.

I get pigged off by the amount of stuff just thrown out of cars, let alone fly-tipped. Around here though, there is a superb team from the council who are regularly seen clearing up after these idiots, so one way of looking at it is that it offers employment to some. There again, I reckon dole scroungers and the like ought to do something such as litter picking: a bit of pay-back.

I have just driven on the long stretch of road to the roundabout at Coisley Hill and was only thinking about all the litter at the side of the road and in the hedges, there was what looked like a plastic sack full of rubbish just left standing on the grass verge. Why can't people take their rubbish home with them.

What I`d do here is trace them, which really wouldn`t be that hard, and if they admit it I`d prosecute them for littering. If they deny it I`d get the big guns out and do them for perjury, because, let`s face it, they`ve basically lied.

You cannot prosecute someone for perjury because he pleaded not guilty but was convicted.

That's one reason (among many) why guilty pleas tend to reduce in less severe sentences.