Woolley bros abatoir

estweyn

my dad is doing some building work up there and he says they are treat good, if there is no time to slaughter them they are bedded down in pens with hay and fed and watered and has seen them slaughter and has said it is humanly as it can be. Unfortunatly if you like meat and want to eat it this is what you have to live with, they are slaughtered, not saying they should be mistreated before hand and i like to think (for my piece of mind) that they are humanly, as possible, killed

I used to be the canteen manageress at Wooley Bros,my husband was a driver,fetching livestock from market,and two of my offspring worked in the holding pens.

I can honestly say that the animals were always treated with the greatest respect,in fact better than I was treated recently in A@E recently.

The animals were brought in,put into nice, clean pens,well fed and watered,and a Vet on call 7-24.

The slaughtermen,while a rough and ready lot,were very sensative of the feelings of livestock,indeed,once after killing a cow with a calf inside her by misake,were all in tears.

I have to say though,the Hal Al butcher that visited once a week was hated for the way that he slaughtered his quota. Nuf said on that subject!!

For anyone who eats meat but has twinges of conciense about the killing side of things,I once ,by mistake, witnessed the slaughter of some cattle. The notion that they sense fear is rubbish,the cows lined up in the alley were as calm as if they were waiting to be milked,and when they were killed,it happened so fast that the next in line seemed to be unaware of their fate .

I hope that this will make you carnivores feel better.

my dad is doing some building work up there and he says they are treat good, if there is no time to slaughter them they are bedded down in pens with hay and fed and watered and has seen them slaughter and has said it is humanly as it can be. Unfortunatly if you like meat and want to eat it this is what you have to live with, they are slaughtered, not saying they should be mistreated before hand and i like to think (for my piece of mind) that they are humanly, as possible, killed

Thank you that at least puts my mind at rest, I agree, I like meat, but until I am sure that it has been humanely killed I am not eating it again. At this time I think it is difficult to be sure of that.

I used to be the canteen manageress at Wooley Bros,my husband was a driver,fetching livestock from market,and two of my offspring worked in the holding pens.

I can honestly say that the animals were always treated with the greatest respect,in fact better than I was treated recently in A@E recently.

The animals were brought in,put into nice, clean pens,well fed and watered,and a Vet on call 7-24.

The slaughtermen,while a rough and ready lot,were very sensative of the feelings of livestock,indeed,once after killing a cow with a calf inside her by misake,were all in tears.

I have to say though,the Hal Al butcher that visited once a week was hated for the way that he slaughtered his quota. Nuf said on that subject!!

For anyone who eats meat but has twinges of conciense about the killing side of things,I once ,by mistake, witnessed the slaughter of some cattle. The notion that they sense fear is rubbish,the cows lined up in the alley were as calm as if they were waiting to be milked,and when they were killed,it happened so fast that the next in line seemed to be unaware of their fate .

I hope that this will make you carnivores feel better.

Thank you for that, the camera footage of other abbatiors in our country does not reflect that sort of concern or care, the animals are supposed to be treated with dignity and respect. Not everyone choses to be vegetarian so it is important to some of us to know that animals are treated well.