Woolley bros abatoir

estweyn

Not since 1997 they haven't.

mmm dont think thats quite accurate, please elaborate with dates. As far as I was aware at least one of them was dead and the remaining 3 after no end of split ups and fallings out got back together in think it was 94 to make a final album.

mmm dont think thats quite accurate, please elaborate with dates. As far as I was aware at least one of them was dead and the remaining 3 after no end of split ups and fallings out got back together in think it was 94 to make a final album.

As far as I was aware the beatles split in 1970,but apparentley,according to post #12,I've already missed the point so I guess the best thing I can do is butt out right now!:hihi:

I work in a sector allied closely to the meat industry and the things described here are from an age long gone imo.

That said, you will always find the odd person or company breaking rules and not adhering to industry best practice....it happens in all sectors, though unfortunately when this happens in such an industry, animal welfare can be compromised and I know that this is an emotive issue for many people.

Each abattoir does indeed have on site veterinary officers. These are there to give post and ante mortem inspection of the animal and ensure that the meat is fit for human consumption.

I have visited quite a number of abattoirs over the years and I personally have not seen any practice that would give me cause for concern.

Granted, it is not a particularly pleasant thing; but I have always felt that animal welfare is of the utmost importance to the people running these places and the animals are treated with due respect.

I have seen nothing at all that would worry me.