Woolley bros abatoir

estweyn

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.animalaid.org.uk%2Fh%2Fn%2FCAMPAIGNS%2Fslaughter%2FALL%2F%2F%2F&h=-AQGVKTiJAQGmz9OdQfY74YT5nWWcTzI_M48sJ4-kNOtMcw

Not for the squeamish, dont watch the video if you are easily upset but most will manage to read the writing and hopefully join the petition for compulsary cttv monitoring

Omg!

I could only manage to the point where he punched the pig in the face then had to switch it off, my god, if i was there he would have felt the wrath of me, all 9 stone that is :lol:

These kind of people need the same treatment they so lovingly dish out. Disgusting!

Well, its is quite good really, I know that seems a contradiction in terms but in some places the animals are brought in and even if they have to stay overnight they are left with no food or water and no place to bed down. At least by providing these facilities the animals have one last night in some sort of comfort.

Omg!

I could only manage to the point where he punched the pig in the face then had to switch it off, my god, if i was there he would have felt the wrath of me, all 9 stone that is :lol:

These kind of people need the same treatment they so lovingly dish out. Disgusting!

It gets much much worse believe me, and the video below is even more disturbing. I know its upsetting but facts are facts, this is still happening in the UK and must be banned. Please sign the petition.

The government justifies slaughterhouse inaction

Posted 15 August 2011

Defra – the government department responsible for prosecuting slaughterhouse cruelty cases – has responded to the thousands of letters it has received from members of the public who were horrified at the abuse of pigs at Cheale Meats.

Animal Aid released footage showing workers burning pigs with cigarettes, and punching, kicking and beating them around the head. The undercover film also showed improper stunning, leaving animals screaming on the floor, and three seriously injured pigs forced to drag themselves through the slaughterhouse. The horrific investigation was seen by millions of people on Sky News and in several national newspapers.

Despite the many serious breaches of the law, the government has so far refused to prosecute. Since May, when Animal Aid first brought these breaches to the attention of the regulators, Defra and the Food Standards Agency have issued a series of justifications for why those caught harming animals will not be prosecuted.

• 2 weeks later...

Like others who have replied to this thread my main concern is animal welfare and freedom from cruelty. If one is realistic the whole world is guilty of cruelty to animals, there are many who love and fight for the rights of animals to have a life free from cruelty but sadly it does still exist and in some places (China eg) it is rife and accepted as the norm. If I feel I can make any sort of difference to the way we humans treat animals then I will endevour to find out the facts and that is what this post was about, looking a little deeper into what is happening in my local environment.