The real "biggest" financial drain on this country

A single unemployed 18 year old parent living at home will receive much more than an 18 year old single person living at home on the minimum wage.

The worker will get no help with rent, council tax, prescriptions, and will still have to pat tax to help support the parent.

ok seeing as your nitpicking and cant accept that im right give me the same scenario for a 25 year old with links to how much both would earn please :hihi: (i just noticed you changed what i said to a single parent moving the goalposts again arnt we)

ok seeing as your nitpicking and cant accept that im right give me the same scenario for a 25 year old with links to how much both would earn please :hihi: (i just noticed you changed what i said to a single parent moving the goalposts again arnt we)

I’ve already demonstrated that your statement was incorrect no further evidence is required. You were wrong, it happens occasionally get over it.

I’ve already demonstrated that your statement was incorrect no further evidence is required. You were wrong, it happens occasionally get over it.
you are quoting two different people so the outcomes will be different and no im not wrong you are but not man enough to admit it :hihi:

A single unemployed 18 year old parent living at home will receive much more than an 18 year old single person living at home on the minimum wage.

The worker will get no help with rent, council tax, prescriptions, and will still have to pat tax to help support the parent.

Unemployed people pay tax as well on the goods they buy and not all unemployed people claim housing benefit/council tax if they are living with parents.

heres proof that your wrong http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201 minimum wage at 18 is £4.98 and esa at 18 is http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_193028.pdf £51.85 ill have that apology now thanks :hihi:

How can I be wrong when I haven't claimed anything, you did make a statement that I have demonstrated was incorrect, get over it.

Unemployed people pay tax as well on the goods they buy and not all unemployed people claim housing benefit/council tax if they are living with parents.

No. But they get free or heavily subsidised accommodation/council tax via their parents.

But the fact remains that they are probably better off than a single person who pays for their own accommodation and council tax and is working. Usually in that situation they will take their benefits home as spending money leaving them with far more disposable income than those who are working and pay bills.

But I was mainly referring to families. Study after study has shown that the poorest children in this country are not those who's families do not work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/dec/06/children-poverty-working-parents

The poorest children in this country are most likely to be those who have a parent working on low wages.

In effect those children's parents will be having the money which could lift their children out of poverty taken off them in tax in order to fund the more comfortable lifestyle of those who do nothing at all.

How can I be wrong when I haven't claimed anything, you did make a statement that I have demonstrated was incorrect, get over it.
come on man up it wont hurt :hihi::hihi:

We should put it another way, people that choose to be responsible and go to work have to pay for people that choose to be irresponsible, not go to work, have children they can’t afford and take drugs. The irresponsible person can end up with a higher income than the responsible person which is unfair. The person working should always have a higher income than the non working person regardless of the bad choices the non worker makes.

No. But they get free or heavily subsidised accommodation/council tax via their parents.

But the fact remains that they are probably better off than a single person who pays for their own accommodation and council tax and is working. Usually in that situation they will take their benefits home as spending money leaving them with far more disposable income than those who are working and pay bills.

But I was mainly referring to families. Study after study has shown that the poorest children in this country are not those who's families do not work.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/dec/06/children-poverty-working-parents

The poorest children in this country are most likely to be those who have a parent working on low wages.

In effect those children's parents will be having the money which could lift their children out of poverty taken off them in tax in order to fund the more comfortable lifestyle of those who do nothing at all.

Spot on. And how difficult must it be for the low paid when one of them needs antibiotics for an abcess, dental work, treatment for a pet, and/or their rent and rates along with school meals go up. None of which effect the finances in a non-working household.

We should put it another way, people that choose to be responsible and go to work have to pay for people that choose to be irresponsible, not go to work, have children they can’t afford and take drugs. The irresponsible person can end up with a higher income than the responsible person which is unfair. The person working should always have a higher income than the non working person regardless of the bad choices the non worker makes.
yes i think your right but lifes a bitch as they say. wheres mi magic wand :hihi:

Spot on. And how difficult must it be for the low paid when one of them needs antibiotics for an abcess, dental work, treatment for a pet, and/or their rent and rates along with school meals go up. None of which effect the finances in a non-working household.
is it the person whos claiming benefits at fault for claiming what the gov says they are allowed to live on ?