UPDATED: Supertram accident outside Cathedral - 10/12/2011

Hopefully all turns out good and the lady in question hasn't died but just cus someone looks alive and well when they are put into the ambulance by no means that everything is fine and dandy.

Id more intrested in knowing how she managed to get hit by a slow moving tram. Not wanting to jump to conclusions but many a time ive seen people who run across directly infront of the tram when crossing high st.

Well I was stood on the opposite platform when it happened and I was looking out for the Meadowhall tram so I missed the actual collision. However my daughter and the woman stood at the side of me say it was no way the drivers fault...

Someone is either seriously injured, or has possibly lost their life and all people can do is bicker about spelling?

A significant number of posts have already had to be removed from this thread. Please show a bit of respect to the person concerned and their family, who may very well be reading this.

The thread is now closed. If anyone has any information about the person concerned, please report this post with details and the Moderators will add it to the thread.

Just a quick update. The person in question is a very good friend of my Father's, and he and I are disgusted at some of the responses on this thread. To assume the worst is not only disrespectful but can and has caused distress to her family. She is very much alive, with 2 hairline fractures of the skull and a dislocated shoulder but is currently recovering in hospital and will remain there for the next few days for observation. As to how someone can be so "selfish" to get hit by a tram - she wasn't planning on it, she was just a bit distracted.

From the South Yorkshire Police website

South Yorkshire Police are appealing for information after a 53-year-old woman sustained serious injuries after colliding with a tram on Church Street, in Sheffield city centre, at the weekend.

At around 11am on Saturday, 10 December, the 53-year-old woman, was reported to have walked into the path of a Supertram, which was travelling from Castle Square to Church Street. The woman collided with the driver’s nearside of the tram.

The woman, from Sheffield sustained serious head injuries and is being treated in Northern General Hospital.

The 48-year-old woman driving the tram was also from Sheffield and was not reported to have been injured.

Police would like any witnesses to call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 441 of the 10 December.