Tesco with Scan As You Shop?

Just wondering if anyone knows which (if any) of the Tescos in Sheffield have the hand-held "Scan as You Shop" scanners?

Just wondering if anyone knows which (if any) of the Tescos in Sheffield have the hand-held "Scan as You Shop" scanners?

Not seen this in any Sheffield stores. How does it work?

If you mean carrying a 'scan gun' around with you as you shop, last time I saw this was at Morrisons, Meadowhead, when it used to be Safeway, over 10 years ago. Never seen it since in any supermarkets, didn't think they still did it.

Not seen this in any Sheffield stores. How does it work?

You scan your Clubcard and it releases a "gun" which you carry around with you while you shop. You just scan everything and pack as you go around the store, meaning you don't have to bother putting everything through the checkout. It also shows how much you are spending. When you go through the checkout they do a random check, usually scan 4 or 5 of your items. The Tesco in Alfreton has this, but I was wondering if any in Sheffield had it.

This used to happen in the Safeway at the bottom of Ecclesall Road that is now Waitrose, but I've not seen it anywhere recently.

This used to happen in the Safeway at the bottom of Ecclesall Road that is now Waitrose, but I've not seen it anywhere recently.

I found my old Safeway ABC card recently! I remember using it at the Ecclesall Rd Safeway, but rather than just scanning a few random items to check up on you (like the new Tesco one does), Safeway used to make random customers have their entire shopping checked.

A lot of Waitrose branches still offer this, and as already said not in Sheffield though!

I can't imagine multi-national corporations having this much trust for Notherners :)

A lot of Waitrose branches still offer this, and as already said not in Sheffield though!

Yeah, I was in Waitrose Menai Bridge last Monday and they had it there.

I can't imagine multi-national corporations having this much trust for Notherners :)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oy! it's those sticky fingered southerners they'll be keeping an eye on, especially at the cheese counter.:hihi: