Bus Lane (PCN) Holme Ln

The Mrs as just got a (PCN) for turning right off Holme Ln onto Langsett Rd at 1300 last Thursday.I was always under the impression the restriction times are between 0700-1100 and 1500-1900 Monday to Saturday,but after a phone call to Sheffield Parking Services,these times only apply to traffic travelling from Langsett Rd onto Middlewood Rd and vice versa.I then explained to the nice lady on the phone that I'd driven through the Bus Lane loads of times in the past within the permitted times and she said that 'CCTV had only been in operation on that Bus Lane in the past month or so'.So just be careful,it's just cost me £30.:(

No, the right turn there is always restricted, and it regularly has traffic going through it. Nearly ran me over a few weeks ago as I didn't see a bus coming and assumed that nobody would use that lane incorrectly!

You nearly talked yourself into a ticket as well by the sounds of it!

snap and much quicker than going all way round penistone rd

There's a better option than that even for car drivers. Straight on to the roundabout, right around, back and then left at the lights on Langsett.

I can, and I do EVERYDAY - and the sign says im allowed to (mind you, I am on a motorbike :hihi:)

I got caught going through the tram gates once....and said to the copper who pulled me what's that up there on that sign....bicycle he said....so I then pointed down at my tax disc....what does it say on there then officer.....bicycle he said!!! No further action. I continued to drive my 550cc motorbike through it as an when I needed to....quite prepared to argue it in court. I understand you can now ride a motorbike through it. :D

The tax disc on a motorbike says "bicycle", you learn something every day!

The tax disc on a motorbike says "bicycle", you learn something every day!

If I remember correctly, one of the points that came out of the whole "are the prohibition signs legal" arguments at this junction was that when the signs were subsequently changed there was no room on them to show that motorcycles were allowed, so in effect they became prohibited also. It looks like it didn't matter anyway if all motorcycles are still bicycles.

However, if this is a valid argument, can we expect to see lots of off road motorcycles on bridleways?:o:o:o

What gets my goat is people coming down Walkley Lane over the bridge past the Freemasons and turning right.....get a camera on them and there's a few more bob for the council!!:rant:

What gets my goat is people coming down Walkley Lane over the bridge past the Freemasons and turning right.....get a camera on them and there's a few more bob for the council!!:rant:

Banned turns can't currently be enforced by camera in areas outside London.

Complaining to the Police is your only avenue if you feel this is a major problem, as only they can enforce.

It's only a major issue when the traffic is busy.

Banned turns can't currently be enforced by camera in areas outside London.

Complaining to the Police is your only avenue if you feel this is a major problem, as only they can enforce.

There will probably be a lot more doing it now that they know they're not likely to be caught.:D

There will probably be a lot more doing it now that they know they're not likely to be caught.:D

I think they know that already.