Violent riots and looting in UK (part 2)

Pleased and proud to see that Sheffield remained trouble free.

That might have come accross wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that the vast majority of these rioters (of all colours/creeds) came from deprived areas and a lot of these areas have a lot of different skin colours which would explain why there were black rioters aswell as white.

This is all purely down to social issues to do with basically being poor/bad parenting. NOT COLOUR.It just HAPPENS that there are poor black people too.

Not all deprived, some from wealthy backgrounds, and good jobs, a millionaires daughter, a postman, a teacher, lifegurad, a charity worker and so on :roll:

Ther are exceptions but you only have to look at some of the parents taking their kids from courts to understand the problem we have in this country.

The Malaysian kid was outstanding and our kids should look at him and strive to have his attitude.

What is it with you two:loopy:; everybody is referring to them as being scum, no one is bringing race into it, whether white, black, brown, or whatever other colour, they are thieving scum. You seem to have an agenda at making this into a racist thread, by posting unsubstantiated comments as being facts, facts which cannot be verified; shame on you both,

OK, firstly what's with the loopy? You like abusing people on spec just because you disagree with the post?

If you had read the previous threads, if you had bothered you would recall that...

1. I was there in Hackney when it kicked off trying to escape from it all so I have a fairly good idea of what the ethnic makeup of the crowds were.

2. My hotel was towards Ealing so I saw the end results of that lot as well -and the ethnic makeup of them too.

3. I've never condoned the rioters at all - I have heartily condemned them although I don't use the emotive vocabulary that you are using.

I await your apology.

OK, firstly what's with the loopy? You like abusing people on spec just because you disagree with the post?

If you had read the previous threads, if you had bothered you would recall that...

1. I was there in Hackney when it kicked off trying to escape from it all so I have a fairly good idea of what the ethnic makeup of the crowds were.

2. My hotel was towards Ealing so I saw the end results of that lot as well -and the ethnic makeup of them too.

3. I've never condoned the rioters at all - I have heartily condemned them although I don't use the emotive vocabulary that you are using.

I await your apology.

From my point of view you were the one calling me a racist because John X pointed out that some areas were predominantly white (maybe he was stating a fact, maybe he was trying to insinuate something by it).

I have no idea whether people in these riots were predominantly white/black/yellow/red or green, most of them had hoods and masks nor was I there personally.

Nor do I care what colour they are/were I abhor they're actions all the same, I was writing in response to another poster who was clearly out to play me (and our entire nation) off as racists because he'd read through all the posts on this thread and had come to some ridiculous conclusion.

When this was pointed out to him/her/it John X proceeded to quote one sentence out of its context, you then proceeded to insinuate that I (as part of some form of they (which is what conspiracy theorists are good at)) am some form of racist that won't listen.

Where's my apology?

For the record, their were also areas where people were predominantly Asian, John X failed to mention that so maybe he's racist against them.

As a whole the riots weren't predominantly ANY colour.

Edited by Digsy

Sorry but can you show me where I called you a racist? I replied to a post from John - it was not directed at you in any way shape or form and I don't think you can derive that from it.

Sorry but can you show me where I called you a racist? I replied to a post from John - it was not directed at you in any way shape or form and I don't think you can derive that from it.

Apology accepted.

I await your apology.

Firstly Obelix you don’t deserve an apology, so you’ll be waiting a long-time for one; abusing someone by placing a ‘loopy character’ don’t make me laugh, I considered your post to be ill thought & irrelevant to the discussion, as I said your observation is not representative of the entire riots, it is your personal perception to the events which took place in ‘Hackney’, the riots took place all over London & elsewhere in the UK,I take it you didn’t go around counting the ethnic makeup, if I was in the area I would have been more concerned of getting away.

I watched a news report last night which showed the police attending homes & making arrests, did I think ‘oh look they’ve arrested three black youths, Mmm that must mean the majority of the rioters were black’, the ethnic makeup has no relevance, they arrested three scum who had taken part.

I have not said you are condoning any of the rioters, however by your comment “I could happily say most people in them were white, but they won't listen becuase the racists fools on here - and they know who they are, simply won't wear such comments because it doesnt suit their bigoted little agendas”; you appear to be attempting to incite or inflame the discussion into one of race, as I said it bears no relevance, it is SF members who such as yourself inhibit the ability to discuss issues around sensitive but important topics of this country in a rational & sensible manner.

because John X pointed out that some areas were predominantly white (maybe he was stating a fact, maybe he was trying to insinuate something by it).

For the record, their were also areas where people were predominantly Asian, John X failed to mention that so maybe he's racist against them.

You seem to be as confused as Arguendo!

I simply pointed out that in some areas the rioters were predominantly white to counter the argument that this was an exclusively black and Asian phenomenon, and was in fact about issues other than race.

How you managed to (wrongly) imply so much about such a simple statement is puzzling. :confused:

John X

Lay off the personal arguments please. We have managed to keep this thread open against the odds, please be warned that it will go the way of the others if we have to remove any more posts.

Firstly Obelix you don’t deserve an apology, so you’ll be waiting a long-time for one

In which case I won't bother debating your other points - I got enough stick in the last thread for daring to suggest that someone was different to preconceived ideas of people. You were not there. I was. I know the truth regardless of what people think.

In which case I won't bother debating your other points - I got enough stick in the last thread for daring to suggest that someone was different to preconceived ideas of people. You were not there. I was. I know the truth regardless of what people think.

I was in the same area a week before the riots, we used public transport and travelled by bus, train & underground. My perception is certainly different from yours. Although I believe the riots to be a result of basic human greed and nothing to do with race.