Proposed future use of Norton Aerodrome

Proposed future use of Norton Aerodrome (EX Driver Training Area)

I understand that there are a number of proposed developments for this site, which would you prefer?

1) Bio recycling plant (Private Company)

2) Territorial Army Center (Relocate from Manor Top)

3) Social housing (Shared ownership)

I understand that there are a number of proposed developments for this site, which would you prefer?

TA centre for me. Ideal set up for them. This is private land now though. The owners will go for return £££s. look at their portfolio. It includes Traveller camp sites. If green belt status is maintained, housing is restricted. Probably ancillary housing to whatever activity. How long before hazardous recycling.

I heard it was to be used as the depot for the upcoming highways pfi,

although this would only be temporary, while they do the construction

phase of the contract

Let's hope they build an ikea there

I grew up in Gleadless Town End in the 50/60s. Back then it was supposed to be new hospital. The Southern General. This was well befor the dual carriageway was even thought of. Wonder what happened.

I grew up in Gleadless Town End in the 50/60s. Back then it was supposed to be new hospital. The Southern General. This was well befor the dual carriageway was even thought of. Wonder what happened.

probably there were not enough sick people at that end of town

you could do all three, build the shared army, train the occupants and their sprogs to be territorials and when they die recycle them onsite,

its owned by a construction company my partner works for they are holding the site for a hospital still so doubt they ll settle for anything else.

its owned by a construction company my partner works for they are holding the site for a hospital still so doubt they ll settle for anything else.

When did they buy it then?

It was still in public ownership two months ago.

http://www.homesandcommunities.co.uk/land-and-property-assets

About 150yrs ago, but if they have sold it i am so glad you have taken all the time and effort to discover this information you must have such a fantastic and fulfilling life

The land is owned by the NHS. They want a use for it so they don't have to pay the mainetenace fee to keep the site secure. The NHS never bought the land it was given to them when the MOD left. The land is Green Belt to stop Sheffield expanding in to the Moss Valley. I've lived in London and Manchester where it can take an hour to reach the countryside. Sheffield is a great place to live because we can quickly reach the countryside. Either side the site are the last remnants of the ancient woodlands of Sheffield. If this site is used for industrialisation or housing we'll loose the chance to join the woodlands together for our desendents as well as the welfare of the residents who live and people who work around the site. Mustn't forget the site is polluted with dangerous chemicals left from the RAF. These will need clearing, at great expense, and dumped at some landfil site which is what the council is mandated to drastically reduce before the EEC start to fine us - the council tax payers. Vote no to the proposal.

Well am told by someone in the TA its looking like Hillsbrough across from the SWFC ground, which is used as a car park on match days. Yep thats right the bit of land off herries Rd , the bit that floods every year. One more thing is the old Lightwood not a "Brown field Site" ? so planning restrictions are kind of open to discussion.