Anybody On Here Who Worked In Rolling Mills In The 70s

Appolo

worked in 9inch rolling mill Jonas&Colvers 1965 for one year  ,remember Walter the furnace man also Walter the head roller plus a tall fellow, ginger hair he was the straighter he came from Foxhill  area.My job was ladding , I was only 16 years old I then left and joined the Army on my 17 birthday 

• 2 years later...
On 13/11/2005 at 22:41, coyleys said:

That right but we called it running out, i would catch it on the last roll then drag it down to the straighter, these bars would be about 1inch diameter by about 20 foot long.

HOLLOW DRILL  WORKING WITH THE KEMPS

My Dad, Eric George worked at Shepcote Lane Rolling Mills as Hot and Cold Rolling Mill Manager 1947-1972. Geoff Edwards was his boss. I worked there as a computer programmer 1971-2. My boss was Ron Stevens.

9 hours ago, mikeG said:

My Dad, Eric George worked at Shepcote Lane Rolling Mills as Hot and Cold Rolling Mill Manager 1947-1972. Geoff Edwards was his boss. I worked there as a computer programmer 1971-2. My boss was Ron Stevens.

Just out of interest.  What main frame were you programming?