Wimbledon Championships 2011

Yes, I thought I caught a glimse of defeat in his eyes.

Never been a fan of Murray, but didn't really like to see him losing. Nadal was playing like an animal towards the end, but in fairness Murray put up an admirable fight and there were some terrific rallies.

Polite support from the crowd. Something missing though...

Tiger Tim returns..well another "always the bridesmaid" Who do I want to win ..anyone but a Scot

Why does that comment not surprise me. :roll:

Who do I want to win? The best player - and today that was definitely Nadal.

The final is to be contested by the 1st & 2nd seeds, and they haven't got that ranking for nothing. As Andy Murray was the 4th seed he went out at the right time. It would have been great for British tennis if he'd managed to beat the champion. Murray played well in parts, but Nadal played better. Not my opinion, but that of the professionals.

The better player on the day almost always wins. Tennis is a sport where it's very rare that the poorer player can get lucky and win the match.

The thing is Murray started off so well and confident, but somehow he can never keep it up. Thats why Nadal is a champion because he can. !!