Wimbledon Championships 2011

I'm sure that's what the Murray PR machine want you to think but I read that it was a furious rant by Murray about how much he loathes the English and everything they stand for when he thought he was off the record, not realising there was a journalist in the room. His subsequent apology and claim he was only joking was a damage limitation exercise when he realised he'd been caught out.

Even allowing for his gaffe, I hope Murray loses cause he's a bad role model. He's always shouting and swearing, dresses like a chav and should learn to play the game in a more sporting manner.

Not a fan of John McEnroe either then? I prefer to judge Murray on his playing skills and he's certainly playing well at the moment. I haven't taken much notice of his clothes off court, as he keeps a fairly low profile. Can't help wondering what he wears that defines him, at least in your eyes, as a chav? I haven't seen an overload of bling or any misspelt tattoos! ;)

I think this is worth a read : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/columnists/parsons/2009/06/19/it-s-time-for-the-english-to-back-andy-murray-115875-21455531/

He played really well yesterday against Lopez, some of his returns of service are brilliant. I genuinely hope he wins! I get the feeling Tim Henman's a supporter too.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

I don't think he claimed to "loathe the English" per se. His comments were directed towards the England footy team, as he supports Scotland. Perfectly understandable. I know plenty of Scots and Welsh footy fans feel exactly the same, but it doesn't mean they hate English people, and Murray clearly doesn't (otherwise why does he live in England, have an English girlfriend and employ English coaching staff?)

I support Leeds and enjoy seeing Man U get beaten by foreign teams. And Sheff U for that matter. But most of my friends live in Sheffield and one or two in manc too, and support both those scummy teams.

I wouldn't know, I've never spoken to them; but I have spoken to one of the people who was there at the time.

Yes, of course you have. :rolleyes:

Regardless of how much of an anti-English rant Murray made, he's still a hypocrite for one minute slagging off the English and the next begging us to support him.

And when I said he dresss like a chav, I'm referring to his irritating habit of wearing a baseball cap on court. Why do you need to wear a baseball cap to play tennis? If he wants to act like a chav why doesn't he go the whole hog and tie his staffy up at the net and have a can of stella and a spliff between sets?