2011 Council Election Results

That's it then. Nine seats swung from Lib-Dems to Labour. Very bad night for the Lib-Dems.

Less bad than they thought it was, though ... small comfort I'm sure, but both Labour and the Tories have, in the past, tried to make out that a rubbish result was a good one because "we thought it was going to be even worse." I'm sure the Lib-Dems will adopt the same tactic.

Any news if Jillian Creasy has been re-elected?

She has. By a couple of hundred votes.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/election-results/2011/central

I've got to say as an old labour party activist who left the party in 97 the greens ran a text book local campaign in this years elections.

Edited by not wanted

Due to my ill health (see separate thread) I have, sadly, been unable to attend the count tonight.

I am though pleased to discover, courtesy of Sheffield Forum, that I have retained my council seat - and I am delighted by the confidence that the electors in my ward have shown in me by voting me back in.

I will though now be absent from politics during the coming months whilst I fight an even bigger battle, literally for my life. I hope to return to the political fray and to fully represent my constituents once I have completed the lengthy treatment for my illness.

May I congratulate my fellow ward councillor, Julie Dore, on a stunning result for Labour in Sheffield. I will now look forward to Julie being elected leader of the council after this fantastic result.