2011 Council Election Results

such.........a perfect day,:hihi::hihi::hihi:

:

We are only halfway trough though ……….. wait until they get another pasting tonight.

The Central ward result plus the 2010 result follow to show the task we had to win this seat after losing by 687 votes in 2010. The councill website currently understates the Labour vote by 100 I think - the majority was 193.

Good luck Robbo - all the Greens wish you well in your fight.

Mohammed Akbar

The Labour Party Candidate

Votes: 2337

Jillian Creasy

Green Party

Votes: 2530

Iltaf Hussain

Liberal Democrat

Votes: 631

Emma Waters

The Conservative Party Candidate

Votes: 403

The 2010 result :

Name: AZIM Mohammad

Party: Liberal Democrats

Votes: 2,775

Name: LEDBURY Jane Beryl

Party: The Conservative Party Candidate

Votes: 793

Name: MAROOF Mohammed

Party: The Labour Party Candidate

Votes: 2,879

Name: UNWIN Rob

Party: Green Party

Votes: 2,192

A well deserved punch up the bracket for the Lib Dems.

Apart from Nick Clegg, what have the Sheffield LibDems done wrong? lets get real, the LibDems up here aren't happy about there being a Tory lead coalition are they?

Apart from Nick Clegg, what have the Sheffield LibDems done wrong? lets get real, the LibDems up here aren't happy about there being a Tory lead coalition are they?

I can't believe people do this. If labour make another mess they are directly responsible, and Clegg will still be deputy PM. I doubt he even cares about the local lib dems - after the next GE he will be off into the sunset for his next cushy job regardless of what you do.

I think comments about giving one to Nick Clegg are valid.

Please got down carefully from that high horse.

I agree. All comments are valid and the LibDem power players need to re-assess. The Tories are playing a blinder and using the situation to their full advantage and will continue to do so whilst they are allowed to.

So what are they going to do about it then ………… time for a new leader.

"Cleggmania" had turned into "something akin to Clegg pneumonia". :hihi:

Edited by Grandad.Malky

Interesting (to me, anyway) to see that the Greens came second in Manor/Castle and Arbourthorne. Low turnouts, however - just 30.1% and 39.3% respectively, compared to, say, Fulwood 54.1% and Dore/Totley 56.2% where the Greens came last.

Urm... Nick Cleggs seat as an MP wasn't being voted on. This was the local council election. Nick Clegg is not a councillor in Sheffield.

God, I really think more should be taught about politics in schools so when people get to voting age they actually know what they are voting for.

People might not have been voting against Clegg but they were voting against Clegg.

It's not as nonsensical as it sounds, his unpopularity played a significant part in the beasting that the Lib Dems have just recieved.

its what happens when you sell your sole, hes took the whole party back to square one

exactly gularscute a kick in the teeth for the boy wonder and tory creep

a kick in the teeth for the boy wonder and tory creep
<and similar posts about Clegg/the Coalition>

Great, a job well done :rolleyes:

Now what?

For Sheffielders, over the next 4 years, I mean?