Sheffield United Official Club Statement.

shoreham4eva

I think your guys need to hope and pray that the kids come good next season because thats what there looking at.

It's quite obvious that they need to sell (or let go) the big earners, Ched Evans has chucked an almighty spanner in the works by picking up a serious ankle injury meaning the chance of no sale during the summer and the continuation of the club having to pay him a reported £20,000 a week.

I'm affraid that United have to be realistic and start scratching around the bargain basements for old pro's, released from prem team young uns & and journey men, one season wonders because I dont think (by reading the statement) that they have a vessel to urinate into!

Edited by speedy69

United seem to be following Wednesday anyway possible, people handing out freebies for a local derby. I was offered 4 tickets for yesterday game when i popped into Shaws for a few bits yesterday morning. Then i read this morning 22k only attend a local derby? how many season ticket holders do you have?

Anyway i think United will struggle like many teams do in there first season in league one.

What a embarrassing statement from your board.

So many of us have questioned their choices in recent years and been shot down.

It seems they didn't have a clue all along, and they've let all the genuine fans down.

I notice how, despite the inevitable relegation yesterday, they waited until after the last home match of the season to relase this.

Were they worried about the backlash that may occur in the car park?

QPR want ex-Chelsea man to replace Warnock

Yep I was reading about that, who will they bring in, Mourinho perhaps :rolleyes:

To be honest, managers like Mourinho make me sick, let us see how 'special' he is trying to get Wednesday or United outta the brown stuff without a pot to P in!

It seems they didn't have a clue all along, and they've let all the genuine fans down.

I notice how, despite the inevitable relegation yesterday, they waited until after the last home match of the season to relase this.

I was just thinking Frank, in the past we have had a plethora of idiots attempting to justify their inadequacy. MM appears to work on the old adage of ' When you find yourself in a deep hole, stop digging', I have no ambition to hear a monologue about bugger all. ;)

-------------

22,000 in a local derby is shameful.

Especially as it's a relegation decider.

Look at how many were at Hillsborough last year.

Now tell me who's the bigger club?

So the 22252 you got against Donny last season in February, or the 20540 against Huddersfield this season don't count then...? :)

Shameful, you say...? :hihi:

So the 22252 you got against Donny last season in February, or the 20540 against Huddersfield this season don't count then...? :)

i would have thought that the crowd would have been better then that for the last home game of the season, in the championship :hihi:

On a comparable note, we got 37,000 for a relegation dog fight, last match of the season game and ours wasnt a derby against a team from 20 miles down the road.

On a comparable note, we got 37,000 for a relegation dog fight, last match of the season game and ours wasnt a derby against a team from 20 miles down the road.

There's no comparison, we knew it was all over weeks ago and Barnsley had nothing to play for, it was poo or bust for you or Palace on the last day

that's why the attendance was big.