Speedbank thefts beware!!!

Believe it or not but a lot of that paperwork is designed to both protect the innocent and ensure that the guilty do not escape justice due to a technicality.

Yup. The recent spate of arson attacks around Ecclesfield was made worse because of this. Everyone knew who was doing it - the person was bragging about it at school, but they needed the correct evidence (ie CCTV footage or being caught lighting the fire) befre they could make an arrest.

You can;t take a photo of the offenders because they sntch trhe camera out your hand, so just turn vigilante, If you see an arsonist, or mugger, give them a good kicking.

Would'nt a description of these muggers be more useful? Instead of slating and slagging off the cops? They're job is hard enough without folk not actually helping and not telling folk what they look like. Then anyone who see's anything suspect, ring 999 and say there's a crime in progress, cops are there in seconds.

Would'nt a description of these muggers be more useful? Instead of slating and slagging off the cops? They're job is hard enough without folk not actually helping and not telling folk what they look like. Then anyone who see's anything suspect, ring 999 and say there's a crime in progress, cops are there in seconds.

I somehow doubt it will be the same muggers....look at the date of the OP :hihi:

Is available for spook duty if required, aint had a decent OB's duty for years lol x

Don't forget there is a cash machine inside the Co-Op on Sicey Avenue and they also do cash back - this way I can avoid the cash machines

Believe me, the Police do care and more often than not they know exactly or have a good idea who is involved in crime. It is not up to the Police to prosecute criminals any more. They have PACE (the Police and Criminal Evidence Act) that means that the CPS (Criminal Prosecution Service - a government body) will not prosecute unless they think they have a more than evens chance of getting a conviction.

One of the problems is that loads of scrotes have easy excuses, like girlfriends who will say that they were together all night. The result is that the Police often pursue crime where they know that they can actually get someone off the street.

The Police aren’t allowed to give people a clip, lock them up or anything much without reasonable cause. But just look out when you are around and you will often see the Police talking to people on the streets – these are more often than not the scrotes that they know are active and they are trying to stay on top of them. Remember their faces!!! More scrotes than coppers tho’!

I wonder if our resident Spook can add anything?

Ah the CPS

Criminals

Protection

Service

I am unsure why, but do you all know you're replying to a thread from 2003?

If the same mugger is still at it, then serious questions need to be asked of the local police!