Alcohol in an Indian restaurant (what's missing)

a.s.ullah

yeah stoones int what it used to be sadly :(

and no sheffield link anymore :(

at work today i went outside and could smell a smell which reminded me of catching the bus to town and going over ladys bridge past the stones brewery :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're thinking of the old Whitbread Exchange brewery Mel, the old 'Brewer on the Bridge' is the one you're thinking of, which closed down around the same time, as did Wards on Ecclesall Rd.:shakes:

Edited by wednesday1

Soft drink wise, coca cola etc type of drinks are far better draught. They are cheaper for you to sell and the customer gets more, rather than the bottle.......

As for alcoholic beverages, definitely try to keep an element of Asia there, Cobra etc.....as for other draughts, just search on google the most popular beers in the UK to get an idea.....

Good luck with the venture.

Hope you will sell Masala Fish :)

Thank you and when it comes to fish ul have the biggest choice in Sheffield lol and not just cod but a good selection of Bangladeshi fish to :D

Personally, I think you are likely to sell more lager rather than beer.......

Lager IS beer. Beer is the generic term. Maybe you mean bitter.

How about having some bottles of a local pale bitter in the fridge? For example Bradfield. A yellow fizzy beer always goes well with a curry - it doesn't have to be Cobra or Kingfisher. The local ones are very tasty. It's not called 'lager' but I bet any lager boy (or girl) would enjoy those if they tried them.

Why do so few Indian Restaurants sell Tomato Juice ?

If I can't have a skinful of lager, then I would rather not have any, and stick to Tomato Juice. However the last 6 places that I've been into don't sell it and I end up having Orange Juice.

None alcohol related feedback: we have young children & before they arrived used to eat at a curry house once a week. Now they're here, bedtime is at 7 so we eat tea with them early, preferably before 5pm, but there are hardly any curry houses that serve this early.

I don't know if there's a market for early food. Surely we can't be the only people who like/need to eat early?