Alcohol in an Indian restaurant (what's missing)

a.s.ullah

Get some Stones on!

Now that's a proper bitter lol made in Sheffield if I'm correct? My mates got it in shapla but I think he's started to bring cans in as the barrel gos off because he don't sell enough :( we used to go throo atleast 2 barrels aweek when my dad used to own new India garden it's going to be good to come home finally looking forward to it :D

Now that's a proper bitter lol made in Sheffield if I'm correct? My mates got it in shapla but I think he's started to bring cans in as the barrel gos off because he don't sell enough :( we used to go throo atleast 2 barrels aweek when my dad used to own new India garden it's going to be good to come home finally looking forward to it :D

Sadly it isn't any more but brewed in Burton, since the Cannon brewery closed about 10 years ago.:mad: still my fave though.

yeah stoones int what it used to be sadly :(

and no sheffield link anymore :(

at work today i went outside and could smell a smell which reminded me of catching the bus to town and going over ladys bridge past the stones brewery :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Iv been looking for that beer for ages can't seem to find it :( it's a very good beer do you know any restaurants that still sell it?
i think bayleaves at ecclesfield still sell it, i think theres a warehouse round chesterfield way that sells it, many resaurants sell it, also try the wholesalers on upwell street, i think they sell it

Sadly it isn't any more but brewed in Burton, since the Cannon brewery closed about 10 years ago.:mad: still my fave though.

It's been nearly 12 years since we sold our restaurant in Sheffield :( every one used to rave about stones bitter it's a shame it's not made in Sheffield anymore what other bitters and largers are made in Sheffield I know kelem island make some good pal ale! Best in uk from what I hear?

i think bayleaves at ecclesfield still sell it, i think theres a warehouse round chesterfield way that sells it, many resaurants sell it, also try the wholesalers on upwell street, i think they sell it

Should be easy to find then I know the boss of bayleaves will speak to him thanks for the hint lol ;)

It's been nearly 12 years since we sold our restaurant in Sheffield :( every one used to rave about stones bitter it's a shame it's not made in Sheffield anymore what other bitters and largers are made in Sheffield I know kelem island make some good pal ale! Best in uk from what I hear?

not wards

not roger and out :(

What would you prefer at the bar of your local Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant more draught beers/largers (Indian/European) more choice of ciders and bottle beers? Do you like the soft drinks they sell by the glass or would you like it served in the glass bottle? More choice of spirits and wines (I know what your going to say? (Stop serving me cheap wine from bookers) ( I don't buy my wines from bookers but can't help you if other restaurants still do)

Your feed back will shape my new restaurant ( I'm well excited and petrified at the same time) so please do comment thanks :D

Soft drink wise, coca cola etc type of drinks are far better draught. They are cheaper for you to sell and the customer gets more, rather than the bottle.......

As for alcoholic beverages, definitely try to keep an element of Asia there, Cobra etc.....as for other draughts, just search on google the most popular beers in the UK to get an idea.....

Good luck with the venture.

Hope you will sell Masala Fish :)