Look North/ Look Leeds

Sheffields best bars and pubs are streets ahead of Leeds. Or anywhere in the country.

Sheffield has better parks and its best areas rival anywhere. What brings Sheff down is its shopping area. Which frankly is a nasty joke.

Nah, Liverpool is the clear leader for quality pubs:

Ale Map

And Sunday's Countryfile said Bristol had the most parks and open spaces.

This is probably for a different thread but I see that the opening of a new shopping centre in Leeds 'TRINITY LEEDS' is top of the local news.

Is this such a big deal -

Well obviously it is to the drones that have got dressed up to the nines to go to the official launch so they can traipse around and look at - shops - wow never seen one of those before! :roll:

Apologies to those that do like shopping am in a cynical mood today

This is probably for a different thread but I see that the opening of a new shopping centre in Leeds 'TRINITY LEEDS' is top of the local news.

Is this such a big deal -

Well obviously it is to the drones that have got dressed up to the nines to go to the official launch so they can traipse around and look at - shops - wow never seen one of those before! :roll:

Apologies to those that do like shopping am in a cynical mood today

To be fair when Meadowhall opened no doubt they did the same, you have your Leeds blinkers on here :D

To be fair when Meadowhall opened no doubt they did the same, you have your Leeds blinkers on here :D

They probably did, but that was over 20 years ago when some people might have been forgiven for never having been in a shopping centre, and wondered what all the fuss was about.

I'm just watching the Look North broacast now aghast and am curiously reminded of Dawn / Day of the Dead. :suspect:

Edited by Mister M

They sure did. TV and radio studios permanently set up at the edge of the Oasis.

After an absence of about 10 years I visited Liverpool with the other half.After staying for three days we came away still with things to do.A brilliant shopping centre with Liverpool One,museums,restaurants and theatres all in walking distance.Kills me to say it but definately going back to finish what we started.Never thought a place could regenerate as quickly and successfully.

if you think thats bad north derbyshire is part of the look north region but we never have a mention its all about north yorkshire and leeds :mad: why can't they have a news bullitin from sheffield covering NORTH derbyshire and SOUTH yorkshire as i am not intersted in north yorkshire news

even on look north (lincolnshire and humberside) they had north yorkshire news. I do miss peter levy though ;)

Bloodyhell, 30 minutes of Leeds, Leeds and Leeds.

Did anything interesting happen in Sheffield today?

Did anything interesting happen in Sheffield today?

Yeah a new shopping centre opened up in Sheffield. We just never heard about it because it wasnt in Leeds

Bloodyhell, 30 minutes of Leeds, Leeds and Leeds.

To be fair the Leeds version of crystal peaks did open today.