Good running place in Sheffield?

V.Rossi

rivelins a great run in the summer but no good in the dark. hillsborough park is ok but you will get abuse from teenagers! ive never understood that, i can happily walk the dog anywhere i like with no comments, soon as i start running its a free for all (and not always just from kids either). and no, i dont look that bad!

Bit longer than you're looking right now as it's 9K, and a little further afield but when you get into a stride, around Lower Derwent Valley (Ashopton - Fairholmes - back the other side) is a nice circuit - not flat but nothing too steep , gentle downs offset the gentle ups.

It's best in the pitch dark too with a head torch, especially on the eastern side, turn off your torch and let your eyes get accustomed to the dark - nice feeling of freedom out there

Hi, I'm looking for a decent place to go running in Sheffield, but needs to fit some important requirements:

It needs to be somewhere a car can be parked for free.

It needs to be reasonably flat

Ideally about 3 mile circuit

Close to either city or Walkley

Somewhere out of the way where I'm not going to bump into chav united or the sheffield soljaz as they like to call themselves :loopy::hihi:

I've done damflask today which was a nice run but want something else similar as when I do the same track over and over I get bored of it, so looking for another one, maybe two tracks to alternate with.

Thanks....:thumbsup:

Stocksbridge?? pm me, I go running quite alot.

Hi, I'm looking for a decent place to go running in Sheffield, but needs to fit some important requirements:

It needs to be somewhere a car can be parked for free.

It needs to be reasonably flat

Ideally about 3 mile circuit

Close to either city or Walkley

Somewhere out of the way where I'm not going to bump into chav united or the sheffield soljaz as they like to call themselves :loopy::hihi:

I've done damflask today which was a nice run but want something else similar as when I do the same track over and over I get bored of it, so looking for another one, maybe two tracks to alternate with.

Thanks....:thumbsup:

ive jogged from crosspool to ladybower, there's a straight path from crosspool to ladybower i thinks about 6mile, but you can always stop and jog back. I know this may sound a little sad i once drove and checked the milage lol

if you do that you'll know at which point to stop after a certain mile. Its a narrow path but i enjoyed it :)

ive jogged from crosspool to ladybower, there's a straight path from crosspool to ladybower i thinks about 6mile, but you can always stop and jog back. I know this may sound a little sad i once drove and checked the milage lol

if you do that you'll know at which point to stop after a certain mile. Its a narrow path but i enjoyed it :)

as the crow flies , crosspool to ladybower is about 7.8 miles...?

and I cannot think there is a straight path - even if there is the hills would be pretty nasty.