Good running place in Sheffield?

V.Rossi

Park on Ringinglow Road, at Thryft Lane just past the shops at Bents Green.

Along Thryft Lane, right through the first gate and follow the footpaths to the playing fields, diagonally over the fields, then left down the tack to Whirlow Farm, turn left past the farm along the road and first left along the footpaths over the fields to bring you back to Thryft Lane.

Nearest to Walkley is the Rivelin Valley.

Park in the car park by the dam (just above the fire station).

Follow the nature trail as far as the "S" bend and return by Rivelin Valley Road.

If you are up for more of a challenge, the nature trail runs all the way up to the old post office. Return by Rivelin Valley Road.

I'd second that, it's a great run, especially if you go all the way to the A57. Never done it in the dark though, I don't think it's lit. A popular one in winter time is to run to Middlewood and back (not sure about parking though).

Hey? Have you ever thought about The hallamshire harriers? That's if your takiing seriously? If just for fun there's loads of nice places to run, say's she who just wishes she could run again lol x

May think of joining a club in the future but only took to my toes last week for the first time in 9yrs, ran around Hillsborough park and it killed me, I went out again on Tuesday and done just under a mile and again it killed me, and then somehow managed damflask which I believe is just over 3 mile in 40mins yesterday :huh: so my speed and fitness is fluctuating quite a bit at the moment.