Six week wonders at the gym - annoying people !!

So here we go, at the gym we have the 6 week wonders. In other words, they are all over the place in january, and by the 2nd week in February, you wonder where they have gone - six week wonders.

Six week wonders are a pain at the gym because.....

1) They cannot work out how to use the gym equipment.

2) on the machines, struggle to work out where the on/off button is for the running machines.

3) smell of BO + leave sweat puddles on the machines. In normal life, they don't smell or leave puddles everywhere, but a bit of excercise and they sweat.

4) At the lane swimming, they cannot work out where the slow lane is, and often decide to swim in the fast lane.

5) slow the classes down, the instructor has to repeat the same instructions 20 times, and keep an eye on these people in case they die of exhaustion after doing 2 pressups.

SO roll on February, and hope many of the six weekers give up and clear off. Do you hate the six week wonders at your gym?

Ha Ha You are funny. I was going to join a gym but didn't feel confident enough to go by myself. Now I know that arrogant tossers like you are likely to be there, I'll give it a miss. Thanks.

Ha Ha You are funny. I was going to join a gym but didn't feel confident enough to go by myself. Now I know that arrogant tossers like you are likely to be there, I'll give it a miss. Thanks.

I wouldn't let a numpty like this put you off, you go and enjoy, these posers are a minority :)

I used to go to Esporta and the reason I stopped was because of all the posers. Everytime they walked passed a mirror they had to stop and take a side glance at themselves.

I stopped going because I would have killed myself in the end falling off the treadmill laughing.

you are one of the reasons i am reluctant to join a gym i have lost alot of weight but really need to get fit but am quite shy and havnt got much confidence,,people keep telling me to join a gym but i dont want people looking and laughing because i dont know how to use the machines,,was told it wasnt like that and you get lots of support but im glad i didnt join now after reading your post i was clearly right.

I wouldn't go as far as to look and laugh, but the gym is noticeably busier in January than it will be in March, it's the same every year, and when you just want to get a on a machine and do your stuff, it's a bit annoying to wait for someone who's taking a gentle stroll or just lifting 5kg.

It's only for a month though and most of them will be gone, I've no desire to encourage or discourage them, I don't interact with anyone at the gym and don't expect anyone to interact with me, I'm not there for a chat.

Intolerance is a form of egotism and to condemn egotism intolerantly is to share it.:P

So here we go, at the gym we have the 6 week wonders. In other words, they are all over the place in january, and by the 2nd week in February, you wonder where they have gone - six week wonders.

Six week wonders are a pain at the gym because.....

1) They cannot work out how to use the gym equipment.

2) on the machines, struggle to work out where the on/off button is for the running machines.

3) smell of BO + leave sweat puddles on the machines. In normal life, they don't smell or leave puddles everywhere, but a bit of excercise and they sweat.

4) At the lane swimming, they cannot work out where the slow lane is, and often decide to swim in the fast lane.

5) slow the classes down, the instructor has to repeat the same instructions 20 times, and keep an eye on these people in case they die of exhaustion after doing 2 pressups.

SO roll on February, and hope many of the six weekers give up and clear off. Do you hate the six week wonders at your gym?

So sound like a right prat. People should not listen to you and actually go to the gym just to annoy people like you. People should not be scared about working out, but actually scared about turning into someone like you.

People such as the OP do put people off going to the gym. It is gym snobbery. They are soooo clever because they know how to turn the treadmill on.:roll:

There definatly fatter - and sweatier

see, id love to lose weight but do not go to the gym because of pricks like you, seriously, people like you are what makes people hate people.

I wouldn't go as far as to look and laugh, but the gym is noticeably busier in January than it will be in March, it's the same every year, and when you just want to get a on a machine and do your stuff, it's a bit annoying to wait for someone who's taking a gentle stroll or just lifting 5kg.

It's only for a month though and most of them will be gone, I've no desire to encourage or discourage them, I don't interact with anyone at the gym and don't expect anyone to interact with me, I'm not there for a chat.

As someone suggested to the op, you need anger management lessons. They've paid their dues, they're allowed to lift whatever weight and go at whatever speed they like. Perhaps, if you want exclusive use of the equipment, you should buy your own stuff and stay at home and that way you won't have to interact with anyone.

see, id love to lose weight but do not go to the gym because of pricks like you, seriously, people like you are what makes people hate people.

You get them at every gym unfortunately. They are loud mouthed and not very intelligent.

haha nice to see people telling him whats what.

Honestly, most of us would love to lose a little weight, but if i had a choice of being me with a little more weight or a dick like him but skinny.... i know what i would pick.

End of the day, Gyms are full of people like him, when i had a gym membership i went twice a week after college and all i noticed was three recurring annoyances.

1. People just join and spend all day in weights showing off.....

2. People who refuse to use more machines then one, (even though rules say max 30 mins per machine) there is a guy in the gym who would spend 3 hours on cross trainer.

3. Full of people giving the bigger people evils and bitching behind their backs.

Honestly i hated it, would never go back. Would prefer to go for a nice walk or bike ride in summer, and in winter just do weights and few sit ups at home and eat sensible.