Six week wonders at the gym - annoying people !!

I used to feel like people would be like the OP at gyms which used to put me off, but I joined the gym I am at now and instead everyone is friendly and too busy thinking about themselves and what they are doing to care what anyone else is doing.

Luckily, people like the OP are in the minority.

People always start the gym in the new year and quickly give up, and then maybe start again for a few weeks before their summer holidays and that's it, but that's their choice. Just deal with it.

So here we go, at the gym we have the 6 week wonders. In other words, they are all over the place in january, and by the 2nd week in February, you wonder where they have gone - six week wonders.

Six week wonders are a pain at the gym because.....

1) They cannot work out how to use the gym equipment.

2) on the machines, struggle to work out where the on/off button is for the running machines.

3) smell of BO + leave sweat puddles on the machines. In normal life, they don't smell or leave puddles everywhere, but a bit of excercise and they sweat.

4) At the lane swimming, they cannot work out where the slow lane is, and often decide to swim in the fast lane.

5) slow the classes down, the instructor has to repeat the same instructions 20 times, and keep an eye on these people in case they die of exhaustion after doing 2 pressups.

SO roll on February, and hope many of the six weekers give up and clear off. Do you hate the six week wonders at your gym?

Sounds to me that you would do better spending less time at the gym and more time exercising your brain and giving your personality a workout. Sounds like as well as getting thin at the gym you've also got shallower.

Despite the tide of criticism, I agree with some (not all) of what the OP said, I am a regular gym user and not a preening ponce, a poseur or a fitness freak, I go because I have a non-physical job and like to keep up a level of fitness/excercise.

You can picture the scene, all the people who have over indulged at Christmas suddenly get some mad idea about losing weight and joining a gym, I admit myself that I sometimes struggle to motivate myself to go and it can be a bind but once you get there it is enjoyable and worthwhile.

The first 6-8wks of the year are a pain because your local gym that you usually share with half a dozen pensioners is suddenly full of lard arsed women (and men) hogging all the equiment.

Oh well, not long to mid-February.

Go baby, go baby......you tell him girl!:clap::clap:

Thanks! It's just people like that stop people going, and that's totally unfair, I pay my membership and can use it exactly how I want! Someone like this really upsety friend the other day, called her a 'fatty' and told her to get the f*** off the machine because he wants to use it, i was appalled! She told him to put it politely to do one!

I see the OP has vanished he's propobly too busy posing in the mirror Johnny Bravo style lol.

Not sure but I now think the OP might be a female 'Bobbie'? She/he is knocking Weightwatchers on another thread and seems to know far more about the female psyche when it comes to WW and exercise than a man should!

Best thread for ages! Long Live (or maybe not if taken literally :D) gym hating lardy bums like me

Despite the tide of criticism, I agree with some (not all) of what the OP said, I am a regular gym user and not a preening ponce, a poseur or a fitness freak, I go because I have a non-physical job and like to keep up a level of fitness/excercise.

You can picture the scene, all the people who have over indulged at Christmas suddenly get some mad idea about losing weight and joining a gym, I admit myself that I sometimes struggle to motivate myself to go and it can be a bind but once you get there it is enjoyable and worthwhile.

The first 6-8wks of the year are a pain because your local gym that you usually share with half a dozen pensioners is suddenly full of lard arsed women (and men) hogging all the equiment.

Oh well, not long to mid-February.

Can I ask if you joined the gym when you were already fit, toned and slim cos if not, surely you must have gone through a stage at the beginning when you didn't know how to use the equipment etc?