Helping people in the snow near you?

Just a thought but my family is the other end of town from me, which got me thinking who is struggling around my area in this weather that I am near too but maybe their family arent. Is there anything to help people in this situation? Or could we set up a thread as to who needs help in what area whilst obviously being careful with personal information. But some people are quite vulnerable right now.

The usual advice of look after your neighbours springs to mind. If you know old folk on your street, call on them and check they're OK.

The usual advice of look after your neighbours springs to mind. If you know old folk on your street, call on them and check they're OK.

I would but i dont know them. you dont really tend to see them walking around so dont know who lives where.

Hi All

Just been reading about how many older people died last year because of the cold, if you know someone near you, or if you know someone who is not really mobile, just call in and see if they are ok. Not lecturing, but seeing that Homecare Service needing help and hearing that on the news made me think.

This set for a while, lets see if we can help eachother out.

i've just been thinking this, i dont know my neighbours but would like to help older/vulnerable people who live nearby.

If you don't know who your immediate neighbours are, but want to be helpful, I suggest just knocking on every door nearby and asking, firstly, do you need any help yourself, and secondly, do you know anyone living near who might?

I am going to Lidl to get a few bits this morning, taking the shopping trolley, I knew it would come in handy one day. I shall be knocking on my neighbours door, they cant stand us but heyyyyyy if they need it they will say yes.

I live at Birley. just been to my local tesco, they have plenty of milk, but no bread, i knocked on a few doors to see if anyone needed anything. my elderly neighbours had stocked up monday. one of them said he could smell the snow! & thought he would stock up!

I make sure the elderly neighbours have their paths swept of snow and gritted.

My elderly neighbours are out clearing the paths for us.

I got enough food in to make meals for the next few days, am running short on electric. Cant get out as just had a major op and am totally non weight bearing at the min. I cant even get my open wound dressed as the district nurses dont have the dressings and the chemist deliveries arent coming thru

My elderly neighbours are out clearing the paths for us.

:hihi::hihi: