Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I've had some post today (Walkley). Unfortunately the tickets I need for Saturday haven't come.

No post for us either, getting beyond a joke nah, no bins empyted either

I was expecting a recorded parcel just checked the status and it says online "could not be delivered on 2010-12-06 as the address was inaccessible. It is being held at Sheffield City 2 DO pending collection/redelivery instructions from the addressee."

does this mean I have to arrange redelivery or can I go and pick it up in person?

so if the road is deemed to be inaccessible, and your item is not trackable, you wouldn't know they had it?

Anyone know of the situation for S2 - Olive grove road?

I have been waiting a week now for post, and still none.

Waiting to hear if I have a job.. (Finished Uni) and quite a lot of others have now heard whether they have or haven't, but I am still waiting for postie!

Is there any other way to get our post? I am getting annoyed now and want to know if I have a job in Jan'11 or not!

The mail for S2 started going out today. As there is so much mail not all the deliveries are going out in one day, but you will have a delivery by Wednesday which will be all your mail from last Wed - the day it's delivered so all up to date.

It's inevitable though that some mail has been delayed before it gets to RM, because of businesses not being able to get it to us, people not posting etc so if what you're expecting doesn't turn up it isn't because it's sat in the delivery office.

I was expecting a recorded parcel just checked the status and it says online "could not be delivered on 2010-12-06 as the address was inaccessible. It is being held at Sheffield City 2 DO pending collection/redelivery instructions from the addressee."

does this mean I have to arrange redelivery or can I go and pick it up in person?

It says "pending collection/redelivery instructions".

It's simple English saying you can either go collect it or phone them up and arrange for it to be delivered to another address/post office.

The mail for S2 started going out today. As there is so much mail not all the deliveries are going out in one day, but you will have a delivery by Wednesday which will be all your mail from last Wed - the day it's delivered so all up to date.

It's inevitable though that some mail has been delayed before it gets to RM, because of businesses not being able to get it to us, people not posting etc so if what you're expecting doesn't turn up it isn't because it's sat in the delivery office.

Ah! Thank you very much.

It was sent from Sheffield to my address in Sheffield, so hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I will receive it.

Thanks again :)

First post in S1 today for over a week.

All S1 was delivered last Mon + Tues, and businesses only on Thursday. So you had no delivery for 4 days.

Has anyone had any post in S26 we've not had any since last monday:o

I've just passed through the hall and there was post! It must have been delivered in the dark, because it wasn't there when I came in earlier. I feel so sorry for them trudging about in this, deliverin junk. Although only one of mine was actual junk,

Anyway, well done, mr/ms postie, thank you! :thumbsup:

weve had post in S5 :) most of its rubbish though lol

were in s5 near longley and still nothing :(

We are in S4 page hall and we have had no post since last tuesday. Im expecting loads of post, parcels etc and nothing has come. Whats the situation with the post?

Cheers