• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Originally posted by max

You are presumptuous and also very wrong. The areas you mention are not ones in which I would choose to live.

Agreed. It would depend on the house and location (neighbours and what not).

Originally posted by MichaelTravis

This might sound like a daft question, but I've never done this walk and would like to: which direction do you go in - towards Parkway (I imagine this is correct) or the other way?.

Thanks

Just go in by the Victoria Quays entrance opposite the bottom of Division St. and the canal starts there. You can only walk in one direction from here and it should take about 3-4 hours if you stroll.

Bit scruffy in places, but well worth it for history, wildlife and quiet.

Watch out for anglers on banks though, and their litter!

Plenty of buses back into Sheff.

In fact this is one walk whereby you are never more than 4 mins. from a bus or tram stop if you get fed up, although once you get beyond Tinsley viaduct you may have to walk further for a bus.

Hope you enjoy it MT.

Originally posted by markham

Just go in by the Victoria Quays entrance opposite the bottom of Division St. and the canal starts there. You can only walk in one direction from here and it should take about 3-4 hours if you stroll.

Division Street?

worst area?

surely that has got to befoxhill it's full of old run down maisonettes and derilict ground.

and as the old saying goes don't knock it until you've tried it I live here

Originally posted by alchresearch

Division Street?

Well spotted alchresearch.

I meant Exchange St , thanks for pointing this out.

That's probably why I'm not a taxi driver.

Cheers!

I`m glad to see someone is proud of where they live.I too am very proud to say I was born and bred on The Manor.Although I now live in London I have nothing but fond memories of 22years on the Manor.

Originally posted by Chloe

At the end of the day.. it's all personal preference. I personally wouldn't want to live anywhere other than where I live right now on 'The Manor'. (Where we're ALL so called YOBS!) Listen here you, don't tar us all with the same brush!! I don't give a damn where you live whether it be Ecclesall, Totley, Dore wherever. You all have the same MINORITY who deliberately go round causing trouble!! The MAJORITY of people around here are decent people so please don't go calling us all for the stupidity of just a few. It's not fair.

Chloé

where is the 'What is Sheffields BEST area' thread?

done a search but can't find it.

-

Katya

I cant get over what some people have been saying about the manor!!

how ignorant are some people, i live on the manor and i will continue to do so for many yrs to come because it's a great place to live and i love it,

So you can slag it all u like but i for 1 am happy to be living here.

To the person who mentioned people only live in this area because they can't afford anywhere else is absolute nonsense me and my gf both have very good and well paid job's and could move to most parts of the city no problem but i dont want to because i enjoy living here, now i will admit that there are some run down places here but can any1 tell me where there aint something run down?

Also a few of you mention the standard of living up here well i work with a hell of a lot of people from all walks of life and i have found 1 thing the so called deprived people have what the posh dont they own almost everything they have unlike the majority of the posh who's belongings are still owned by Credit cards finance company's and banks.

Finally i live here and i dont care what any1 else thinks because i'm happy and thats all that matters.

You tell em Manor Blade. No one should look down their nose at an area. Grandmother lived on Beumont Rd and I went to Pipworth Road for a while. Also in a home near Manor Park Centre (now closed I think). The areas also covered by my mum who liked to move at the drop of a hat, include Handsworth, bottom of Handsworth Road near Darnall , Attercliffe, near baths, Walkley,Crookes, Fir Vale and a short spell with an Aunt in Bridlington.

Nothing wrong with the Manor, just a lot off yuppies who dont know f... all.

Bill.

Up the Blades