Can someone please advise on getting rid of spiders?

I knew hubby had been on mission when I got up yesterday to find a slipper (mine), a trainer (kids) and a large kitchen knife in the bathroom sink.......he'd chased said spider into bathroom (poor thing!) and had to force the huge thing down plug hole and defend himself with knife.....it was like a scene in psycho lol X

PS he too has faced and dealt with things that would have broken most people, but spiders send him into meltdown lol

:hihi: :hihi: ha ha ha he sounds like me running manically down the stairs randomly spraying hairspray in whatever direction i thought the thing was in, cant believe i missed it, i'd have thought that at the very least i would have gassed it out :hihi:

They can jump :gag::gag:

you would be surprised just how fast and high they can jump when they need to!

as i mentioned previously about getting a chipmunk - i used to have them years ago and would let my fav pet chipmunk loose in bathroom if there was a big spider and the spider would be jumping a good two feet against the wall trying to escape when chased. chipmunk always had it in a matter of seconds though and would just leave a pile of legs behind on the floor :hihi:

the best way to get rid of a spider.

I am absolutely terrified of them and i have just discovered a massive one on my stairs, in my blind panic to get away from it i ran up the stairs but now i am hostage and the charger to my laptop is still downstairs :(

I know this may seem like silly advice but i am really phobic and obviously i cant spend the rest of my days upstairs so i need help on how to deal with the situation.

many thanks in advance x

:hihi: sorry to hear that norks, Im just the same, absolutely petrified of them, in fact Ive been in the house on my own and offered one my car keys if he'd leave quietly! I'm even too nesh to go near them with the vacuum cleaner :(

The only thing that works for me and gives me confidence to deal with them is a spray called Raid-the ant & cockroach killing one. It won't help you know, but get a couple of tins, keep one upstairs and one down :thumbsup:

:hihi: :hihi: ha ha ha he sounds like me running manically down the stairs randomly spraying hairspray in whatever direction i thought the thing was in, cant believe i missed it, i'd have thought that at the very least i would have gassed it out :hihi:

..although the big ones are very hirsute, hairspray won't help, unless you want the best coiffed spiders in town :lol: