Can someone please advise on getting rid of spiders?

the best way to get rid of a spider.

I am absolutely terrified of them and i have just discovered a massive one on my stairs, in my blind panic to get away from it i ran up the stairs but now i am hostage and the charger to my laptop is still downstairs :(

I know this may seem like silly advice but i am really phobic and obviously i cant spend the rest of my days upstairs so i need help on how to deal with the situation.

many thanks in advance x

Dunno :huh: that's a tricky one if you're scared of them......can you not get a blanket, throw it over it, and then stamp on it?

I cant merlina as it is not on the stair itself but on the side which goes up :(

I have just ventured so far down the stairs and had a quick peek and its still there :( but its kinda bunched up as if its about to jump :gag:

Its actually making me feel lightheaded just thinking about it and even my massive dopey rottweiler won't go near it :help:

:gag:I too hate the bloody things!!! My usual method is to use the hoover extension and attatchments.Suck it up into the hoover,then leave it to someone else to empty.Hope your hoover's not with your charger tho'! Good luck.:thumbsup:

:gag:I too hate the bloody things!!! My usual method is to use the hoover extension and attatchments.Suck it up into the hoover,then leave it to someone else to empty.Hope your hoover's not with your charger tho'! Good luck.:thumbsup:

unfortunately it is :( besides this one looks that big that i think it would get stuck up the pipe...or worse..climb back out :gag:

poor you, I'm the only one in our house not frightened of them so usually pop a glass over them, slide a stiff card under the glass, hold on to card and glass and chuck them outside. with the damp you may get more , now daughter has her own place she got bought one of those insect catcher things on a long stick, although whilst we were in america and she was back here, she did phone me to say there was a spider in her room, thousands of miles away don't know what she expected me to do but when I got back it was still in her room (dead!!) under a glass, with books on top of glass, she spent rest of time sleeping in son's room.

is it high up or low down. if its high up keep your eye on it as you go past, very quickly, vacuum cleaner is a good idea. if its the type with a bag in , keep the suction running for a bit or vac something else up to make sure its gone down the pipe.

Edited by whissiewoo
addition