New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

RESULT!

Power to the people!!

That sounds better, but I still think having an arrow pointing straight on is misleading to people who don't know the road/area......Straight on is effectively Wordsworth Avenue.....Deerlands Avenue is to the left as you approach the roundabout.

Regards

Doom

That sounds better, but I still think having an arrow pointing straight on is misleading to people who don't know the road/area......Straight on is effectively Wordsworth Avenue.....Deerlands Avenue is to the left as you approach the roundabout.

Regards

Doom

Not anymore.

Left is into Asda, Deerlands is now classede as an intermediate exit. This is a direct lift from the onlibe Highway Code:-

"Rule 186

Signals and position

When taking the first exit to the left unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal left and approach in the left-hand lane
  • keep to the left on the roundabout and continue signalling left to leave

When taking an exit to the right or going full circle unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• signal right and approach in the right-hand lane
  • keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout
  • signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want

When taking any intermediate exit unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

• select the appropriate lane on approach to the roundabout
  • you should not normally need to signal on approach
  • stay in this lane until you need to alter course to exit the roundabout
  • signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want

When there are more than three lanes at the entrance to a roundabout, use the most appropriate lane on approach and through it."

As someone said earlier "simples" - just so longs as you remember Deerlands is no longer a left turn

In addition we have also agreed that the left turn lane be coned off until the store opens on 19th September, which again will encourage vehicles to use the layout as intended and allow drivers to get used to the new layout.

And it's been done - lane was coned off tonight when I went past.

I'm still not convinced by this junction.

When I came home tonight I decided to go that way to have a good look.

As noted above, the left lane has now been coned off.

My concern is this:

Approaching the roundabout the traffic going straight ahead and turning right will use the right hand lane.

The traffic in the middle lane turning left look like they will be sharing the lane with the traffic going into Asda.......Is this lane on the roundabout wide enough for two cars?

There's a similar situation to this as you approach the Dearne Valley Parkway from High Green. Traffic turning left into Barnsley and traffic heading straight on share the same lane on the roundabout, only for a very short period of time, but it's very tight. A few times when I've been going onto the Dearne Valley I've had to cut slightly into the right hand lane due to fear of a car to the left of me clipping my side. I can see the same situation developing at the entrance to the Asda.

Regards

Doom

So just to make this clear now, the straight ahead arrow in the middle lane is for left into Deerlands (north) and the straight ahead arrow in the right hand lane is for straight onto Wordsworth?

Well they've got the road markings down for the approach along Wordsworth (from town) and they will cause confusion!

There are three lanes. Left lane for Superstore and Deerlands Road, middle AND right lane for straight on to Wordsworth and right hand lane for right turn to Deerlands.

That means there are two lanes for straight on, but only one lane on the exit!

Surely that can't be right :loopy:

I had an incredibly scary moment driving this roundabout for first time since the traffic cones came off the road- got cut up from either side whilst in the middle lane. On my driving lesson!

:(

...got cut up from either side whilst in the middle lane. On my driving lesson!

:(

Don't worry - your Driving Instructor was to blame.

Yes - There will be a Sainsbury's at Wadsley Bridge by Christmas 2012.

Sheffield City Council have given the go ahead for a new Sainsbury's food store to be built on land belonging to Fletchers Bakery (Clay Wheels Lane) alongside the existing bakery.

This is good if Sainsburys have a petrol station, I was hoping Morrisons would have a petrol station to give Morrisons some competition but it seems they aren't having one

So just to make this clear now, the straight ahead arrow in the middle lane is for left into Deerlands (north) and the straight ahead arrow in the right hand lane is for straight onto Wordsworth?

If this round about is confusing so many people already imagine on Monday when the traffic volume increases. It really doesn't help that it seems the majority of people on this round about have forgot about their indicators.

I've seen that this asda is 38,000 sq ft compared to asda handsworth which is 88,000 sq ft. Anyone know the size of the morrisons in hillsborough?