New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

Seems no more brighter than a street light outside your house would be.

It did to me when I drove past, seemed really bright, white light. The houses looked like they were all lit up, not the soft glow of a streetlamp.

Seems no more brighter than a street light outside your house would be.
youre havin a laugh, its like havin permanent floodlights from what iv seen

youre havin a laugh, its like havin permanent floodlights from what iv seen

It did to me when I drove past, seemed really bright, white light. The houses looked like they were all lit up, not the soft glow of a streetlamp.

Ive only past at dusk, maybe it must be worse in darkness.

Ive only past at dusk, maybe it must be worse in darkness.
the plus side to asda having built there is, theyve had to pay for all the new road layouts & crossings from what i hear.

the plus side to asda having built there is, theyve had to pay for all the new road layouts & crossings from what i hear.

Yeh looks like it, although I see accidents happening on the big roundabout very soon as people are already confused by the appearance of 2 lanes on the roundabout and forgetting simple highway code.

Then you have the residents (with drives) who prefer to block the double yellow'd road causing abstructions.

I live right at the top of Foxhill(Grimsell) and I fear the extra traffic is going to make the crossing from Cowper ave to Deerlands and back over Halifax road worse than it already is. One hessitator and you can be stuck there 5-10 mins.

Yeh looks like it, although I see accidents happening on the big roundabout very soon as people are already confused by the appearance of 2 lanes on the roundabout and forgetting simple highway code.

Then you have the residents (with drives) who prefer to block the double yellow'd road causing abstructions.

I live right at the top of Foxhill(Grimsell) and I fear the extra traffic is going to make the crossing from Cowper ave to Deerlands and back over Halifax road worse than it already is. One hessitator and you can be stuck there 5-10 mins.

i wouldve though they'd have put traffic lights at that junction (cowper to deerlands) its bad enough at the best of times. i think once everyone has got use to the new layout it will be ok, i remember it being the same with morrisons when they built their ecco store, the road was chaos but once all the construction gear had moved it became easier although the sheer amount of traffic using the common means its best taking a diversion if possible. as with most supermarkets there'll be a good time & bad time to go shoppin

i wouldve though they'd have put traffic lights at that junction (cowper to deerlands) its bad enough at the best of times. i think once everyone has got use to the new layout it will be ok, i remember it being the same with morrisons when they built their ecco store, the road was chaos but once all the construction gear had moved it became easier although the sheer amount of traffic using the common means its best taking a diversion if possible. as with most supermarkets there'll be a good time & bad time to go shoppin

Indeed, and I think I live just far enough away to not be bothered with the traffic most of the time (I work in Wakefield so dont have to pass that way for work), and as an added bonus I will have a supermarket 5 mins from my door.

yes it is a 24 hour one, theres a sign saying this

I'm surprised that they've allowed 24 hour opening times when the store is in the middle of a residential area.

me too theres alot of new developments going up around hillsborough and parson cross good stuff

ASDA now want WEEKEND ONLY checkout operators (Job Ref 45671 BR)

but they don't say at which store.

I'm surprised that they've allowed 24 hour opening times when the store is in the middle of a residential area.

Public Demand.