New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

i find the staff very friendly, although i think the shelves are not stacked well, many things what i usually buy from asda they dont stock! also i find it more expensive for some reason :huh: i dont like the feel of it either, im sticking to morrisons.

Its strange you mention it being more expensive, we noticed that some items were priced up higher than the Handsworth and Chapeltown stores.

use the 10% cheaper guarantee thingy - you get a voucher for money off even if asda is the cheapest, plus you can take in as many money off vouchers as you want.

Went there on friday. Sorry to say i was not impressed. No fresh meat hardly and most of my shopping would have been cheaper at morrisons.

Love it!!!!!!! have been in almost every day and find the staff friendly and helpful. The cafe is good and again the staff are friendly and helpful.

My grandson thinks the pocket money bank is a brilliant idea and has already started saving and he doesn't moan about going there to shop in fact he usually says 'can we go to ASDA'

I agree that there can be frustrations caused by people stopping mid aisle for a chat or parking their trolley across the aisle whilst they get what they want but that is true of any supermarket.

They know there are teething problems as with any new business but they are working hard to iron them out and assistance and apologies are always forthcoming.......I look forward to shopping with them for a long time to come.

The sell-by dates on some things like salads seem to be a lot shorter than at Chapeltown every time I go - they all expire today or tomorrow whereas at Chapeltown it's about 3 days.

Its strange you mention it being more expensive, we noticed that some items were priced up higher than the Handsworth and Chapeltown stores.

sometimes 30 or 40p more aswell! like for example, a bottle of vimto dilute juice, 1.20 in asda chapletown, 1.67 in parsons cross asda! i know because its the only juice i drink...

sometimes 30 or 40p more aswell! like for example, a bottle of vimto dilute juice, 1.20 in asda chapletown, 1.67 in parsons cross asda! i know because its the only juice i drink...

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Maybe they increase the prices as it's a new store and people will pay.

I noticed in the Asda on Queens Rd they dont stock half the stuff I usually buy - Value Stuff! (Their website also has a habit of hiding Value stuff and instead recommending over the top brand prices)

You'd think these new stores being closer to the community this would be their focus, instead they seem more keen on increasing their already over the top profits.

It's nice to hear Tesco are investing 500 Million in cutting prices. Others will follow, we benefit.

Edited by alko27

It's not a bad store but I found the things I wanted to buy, such as kids cheeses and yoghurts, that were on offer were out of stock. Understandable when theyre on offer so I decided I'd go back a couple of days later and they're still out of stock. The shelves don't seem to be as full as other stores, I reckon they underestimated the amount of custom they'd get. Not impressed with the cafe breakfasts either.