New Asda at Parson Cross - Megathread

2 Floors though by the looks of it....

Isnt one floor the car park?

Even if it was 2 floors of selling space, the square footage would still make it less than half the size of Handsworth.

It will be 38,000 sq ft (sales area) store, featuring an undercroft car park, taxi drop off point and improved bus and transport facilities. The development will also generate upto 350 full and part time jobs in the local area. It is due to open in 2012.

due to open christemas 2011

So the Parson Cross one is going to be a similar size to the crappy one at Chapeltown then, it seems

And STILL no Asda petrol station in Sheffield!

Ring Asda Damo sure you can sort something bigger and better.:hihi:

So the Parson Cross one is going to be a similar size to the crappy one at Chapeltown then, it seems

And STILL no Asda petrol station in Sheffield!

Ye thats true, since its new they should get a asda psetrol station on it, its really big the land, plenty of room to fit one on.

I hope they do cooked BBQ flavour chickens in the new one as for some daft reason only Asda you can buy theses flavour chickens and other flavour chickems is handsworth. I love the BBQ flavour chickens aswell.

I'd heard it was to be a big 24hour one like the one at Handsworth.

I hope it is, then i could go shopping straight from work at 6-00am

Compare the square footage of each store above, then return and comment please.

*tut* :D:D
I know making you use your fingers a bit more... terrible isn't it :hihi:.

I went to a local community meeting and they said it was going to bt the same size as the Chapeltown one (ever so slightly larger). The car park will be underneath with the store on top. The entrance will be via Wordsworth Avenue, with delivery entrance on Halifax Road end. There was also be a couple of retail units at the side near where the housing office is sited now. If I remember rightly I think they said there will be a cafe too.

If they do put a petrol site there the little one a few hundred yards away won't be happy...if they don't they will make a killing and maybe lower their prices :)