Do young/old relationships really work?

Can such relationships actually work?, does anyone know of any that have worked?, or are they just destined for failure?.

Is it frowned upon for child of, lets say 16, to be involved with a fully grown adult, lets say 20, 30 years their senior?. Do you feel that the child is being taken advantage of in any way?

What are your thoughts on this?

Can such relationships actually work?, does anyone know of any that have worked?, or are they just destined for failure?.

Is it frowned upon for child of, lets say 16, to be involved with a fully grown adult, lets say 20, 30 years their senior?. Do you feel that the child is being taken advantage of in any way?

What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, regardless of the legality of the situation I'd have to decry a 46 year old man bedding (albeit legally) a 16 year old girl as a predatory wrong 'un who is taking advantage.

They are only being taken advantage of, if the older person is taking advantage of them. Otherwise I don't see what difference the age makes to whether they are taking advantage of them or not. A 16 year old could take advantage of another 16 year old if they so wished.

I think there's something a bit not right about a substantially older bloke and a 16 year old girl, and vice versa. I can't imagine the conversation being all that great and at 16 most people are still kids morally.

These days even a girl of 16 with a lad of 26 is looked down on.........yet add 10 years and its 26 and 36 which doesnt look as bad. They also keep going on about how girls mature faster etc.....yet they are the most protected.....

I think there's something a bit not right about a substantially older bloke and a 16 year old girl, and vice versa. I can't imagine the conversation being all that great and at 16 most people are still kids morally.

Check out some of the threads on here by grown adults..your opinion may differ slightly. ;)

Age doesn't make any differance an old heart can still be young

No idea if they work or not all I know is if I had a 16 year old daughter I would not want her dating anyone older than around 18, 19 say. Can't really say why just a gut reaction. Seems to me there is something very odd about a bloke who wants to be with a someone who isn't an adult.

Thinking back, I'm a completely and utterly different person now at 25 than at 16 so I can't imagine any relationship started then would have lasted until now!

No idea if they work or not all I know is if I had a 16 year old daughter I would not want her dating anyone older than around 18, 19 say. Can't really say why just a gut reaction. Seems to me there is something very odd about a bloke who wants to be with a someone who isn't an adult.

Thinking back, I'm a completely and utterly different person now at 25 than at 16 so I can't imagine any relationship started then would have lasted until now!

Would you feel the same if you had a 16 year old son?

Yes absolutely, an old bag wanting to be with a 16 year old boy, gross! No chance! That seems even more wrong than an older bloke with a younger girl!

Yes absolutely, an old bag wanting to be with a 16 year old boy, gross! No chance! That seems even more wrong than an older bloke with a younger girl!

You may find it gross, but they obviously don't. And it's not up to you to determine what sort of person that they should be with. unless of course you are starting to go down the forced arranged marriage route...

I was 15 when I got with my partner who was 23, My mum went ape when she found out. We got together the month before my 16th, 2 week after my 16th mum found out I was still seeing my partner. And threw me out so I moved in with him, we was told it would not last. Give it a few week and we would be over and he would be with someone else.

11 and half yr later and we are still together and been married or 3 year. He works as an electrical engineer and I have my own business. When we got together I took on his 6mnth old son he has custody of. He is now 12 and we have 2 other kids too, a boy who is 8 and a girl aged 2.

My husband is my best friend even when he found out about my periphial nerve and muscle waisting disease thats progressive he stood by me. He had to cut his hours at work from full time to 2 days a week. So he can be hhere to care for me more as I am in a wheelchair now (was on me feet untill last september).

He has had to take on the house work and the kids schooling more but he has done an amazing job.

And yes we had our problems believe me, it aint been one big fairy tale. But thats what relationships are about there hard work but if you work hard enough you will have some thing you wont ever wanna let go. :)

Age is just a number I am now 27 and my husband is 35 but we are happy. And so are our kids we was not and are not hurting anyone so whats it matter.

And to be honest I the main reason we lasted was because he was not like other lads my age.

Just wanting to get their leg over and thats it he respected me. He waited untill I was ready and said not untill I was 16. And I made him wait to he waited 5 month nearly, but he never pushed me in to anything. Im lucky to have him and to of found my soul mate first time round. x