Do young/old relationships really work?

I know of a lass who I went to school with who is 20 and currently with a 72 year old. They are really happy but too me its still sick, he's only 6 years younger than my grea-grandmother!!
Do they actually have a relationship, or is it a convenient arrangement? Edited by danot

18 year gap between my mum and step dad, he is the same age has my eldest sister, only 3 months age difference between my sister and step dad. Mum and step dad been married 13 year and still very much in love. My dad is 20+ years older then my step mum and been married over 19 years. Both relationships are strong, at first we never thought my dad and step mum would not last because of the big age gap but it does and can work.

How did you feel about the age difference back then?, also, how did your partners friends react on meeting you?

well before i got to know her properly i was of course a little put of by her age but shes such an amazing beautiful women i was pulled in :D

her family was all great, friendly welcoming and accepting and same with most of her friends (one that did kick of now has 3 kids to 3 men and is single now!)

my own sister decided to gang up with my ex wife and tried to create issues between us but didn't get very far.

my wife may of been 17 when we got together but i'd known her about 8 months at that point, she has lived through more in her short life than anyone i know and her experiences are harrowing. growing up fast was not something she had an option over.

by the time i met her she was working full time, living alone and pregnant (the reason we knew each other so long was we were both into each other but she told me if i wanted to 'be' with her in a man and woman way i'd have to wait till after the littlen was born as she didn't think it right to 'be' with someone whilst pregnant. well by that time i'd fallen in love with her so we spent several months just really getting to know each other,spent time together and enjoy each others company. when little one was 8 weeks old i moved in, we got married when littlen was 3.

most people that have met us seem to asume im younger than my age and shes older than her age as far as personalities go we well and truely meet in the middle.

My sister's best friend is 46 and her husband is 72. They've been together since she was about 22 or 23 and they are quite happy together. Never had kids, though. He has a daughter from his first marriage who must be in her mid 30's now. Funny thing is, she keeps him young. I've never really thought of him as being that old. He always just seemed to be about my age.

well before i got to know her properly i was of course a little put of by her age but shes such an amazing beautiful women i was pulled in :D

her family was all great, friendly welcoming and accepting and same with most of her friends (one that did kick of now has 3 kids to 3 men and is single now!)

my own sister decided to gang up with my ex wife and tried to create issues between us but didn't get very far.

my wife may of been 17 when we got together but i'd known her about 8 months at that point, she has lived through more in her short life than anyone i know and her experiences are harrowing. growing up fast was not something she had an option over.

by the time i met her she was working full time, living alone and pregnant (the reason we knew each other so long was we were both into each other but she told me if i wanted to 'be' with her in a man and woman way i'd have to wait till after the littlen was born as she didn't think it right to 'be' with someone whilst pregnant. well by that time i'd fallen in love with her so we spent several months just really getting to know each other,spent time together and enjoy each others company. when little one was 8 weeks old i moved in, we got married when littlen was 3.

most people that have met us seem to asume im younger than my age and shes older than her age as far as personalities go we well and truely meet in the middle.

It's always nice to hear that someone's found who they were looking for, instead of settling for who they find. :)