Do young/old relationships really work?

I have no idea. I guess, at my present age, (36) I remember how I was under 30 (quite different to how I am now), and I don't know if I'd fancy someone well in to their 40's, either. I think it's just me being finicky, though. It does freak me out a little to think of going out with someone who is approaching 50. I also think I would feel like a grandma even with a 30 year old!

Having said that, you never know, do you...when you might meet that 'special' person....and then they tell you their age....which breaks all of your rules!! What a quandry!!!!

I do think people change with age though, so would not consider doing a 'Cher' and going out with some toy boy. I think lack of life experience would bother me considerably.

I think the age you act also has a bearing on things with regard to choosing a partner as you move away from your twenties.

reading the posts in this thread, appears to me that most couples with a large age gap betweeen them, have a happy relationship.

My hubby is 16 years older than me, we have been married for 35years. I love more than anything in the world, and everyone who knows us always remark on that 'happy couple'

reading the posts in this thread, appears to me that most couples with a large age gap betweeen them, have a happy relationship.

My hubby is 16 years older than me, we have been married for 35years. I love more than anything in the world, and everyone who knows us always remark on that 'happy couple'

It's surprised me how many relationships there are with a significant age gap, and judging by the responses to this thread, a significant age gap doesn't appear to make any difference what so ever.

Maybe age is just a number afterall.:)