Foxes in Sheffield

Had foxes round here for years. They haven't eaten any kids yet but there's hope they'll eat a few screaming brats.

No problem bar when the cubs make a racket at night and when the fox leave its calling card all over the garden.

i took my sister for early airport train this morning 3.30am saw 3 foxes one near grimesthorpe and 2 in burngreave wach out anyone leaving doors open ifyou have kids

If you're leaving your doors open there's much bigger things (and animals) to worry about rather than foxes.

Thanks for the warning. I will get to installing some extra window locks and a burglar alarm too. Can't be too careful. I hear they're cunning.

kill the vermin now bring back fox hunting

Kill those who can't spell, punctuate and have a terminal case of ignorance. Bring back idiot hunting.

and? ........

cant actually understand why anyone would leave their doors open anyway, however there has always been urban foxes and incidents of them biting humans is quite rare. Thanks for telling us though :)

I love foxes, think they have a death wish though, always see them on Leighton road bombin' across while I'm coming down

Regularly see them around.

Only non nervous one I ever came across was the one I used to give dog biscuits too most nights.

It used to come very close, but never gained enough trust to take them from my hand

I saw an adult fox saunter slowly across the road at Brook Hill roundabout at 6.15am not so long ago! Quite a surprise considering the location.

The foxes in Sheffield are suicidal. Everytime I'm driving late at night, one always legs it across the road right in front of my car, in the exact same spot every time. It seems as though it's determined for me to flatten it one day. :loopy:

i took my sister for early airport train this morning 3.30am saw 3 foxes one near grimesthorpe and 2 in burngreave wach out anyone leaving doors open ifyou have kids

There more chance of an undesirable human entering your house if you leave the door open than a fox, they are naturally very shy animals, they will try and run away if you get too close!

sad what happened to those children, but it is very rare anyone has been attacked by a Fox, but at the end of the day, you have to remember they are a wild animal and savanger who will hunt for food where ever they can.

The foxes in Sheffield are suicidal. Everytime I'm driving late at night, one always legs it across the road right in front of my car, in the exact same spot every time. It seems as though it's determined for me to flatten it one day. :loopy:

Have to agree. I once had the misfortune to have a fox run in front of my car - I braked and could have avoided it except it did a 360 degree turn in front of me and I hit it. I saw it run away into the woods but have no way of knowing if it was badly injured.:(