Sheffield skinheads in the 80s

Does anyone remember Biddy, Nige Lee, Alan Clarke? All from pond street in the late seventies, all dead now. Another one who I seem to remember was Kev Mason or something like that, he was found dead in the river at the wicker or something similar.

Edited by alex3659

used to love seeing skinheads when i was a nipper

I dress somewhere between a mod/original skin and im a lot younger than you, but the films and footage/pics that are available leave an impression on us younger ones like quadraphenia and a book ive just ordered called skins.

I have a scooter too, so look around at some of the youth where not all chavs, a lot of the dress sense is back in the shops, just take a look in sakis for example there are fred perry polos and checked button down shirts, Baracuta harringtons, levi sta press and 501s, crombies with the red liner inside and ticket pocket.

Also whoever asked if you can still get oxblood polish ive just recieved some Kiwi oxblood parade gloss polish for me 8 hole DM'S from a shop called Coxs shoe care/leather shop in York.

And im 25!

Does anyone remember Biddy, Nige Lee, Alan Clarke? All from pond street in the late seventies, all dead now. Another one who I seem to remember was Kev Mason or something like that, he was found dead in the river at the wicker or something similar.

kev mason fell off the bridge out side bhs near the market far as i remember....i was always in crystal room then hole in rd then showboat .

any one remember dean kelly he was a sheffield skinhead.

:cool: iwas a skinhead knocked about with skinner adolf gally and few more use to follow the demented top days

Abercrombie coats, brogue and lofer shoes and "sta" press came in during the blurring of lines at the beginning of the Suedehead period...a time often forgot.

Any ex Suedeheads out there?

Anyone remember the time when the “boot boys” used to spray their “docers” gold or silver depending on which football team you supported? As far as I know this was a Sheffield thing.

the coats were "crombie" not abercrombie, i still have mine, red silk inside, they were very expensive then and still are now if you can get your hands on one

think i might have to get in touch with adolf,skinner,roachy & wayne anderson to organise a night out, those were the days:D

think i might have to get in touch with adolf,skinner,roachy & wayne anderson to organise a night out, those were the days:D

any idea what happened to the websters?

i still got my crombie it will be coming up to its 30 birthday soon :hihi: mind you dont fit me know with middle age spread :mad: god its 30 years since hanging about on the gallery seems like only yesterday

r you going to add me to u list..???

what about Nad, Easty, Westy, Digger, Sham and myself Masi :loopy:

ant got me crombie no more but still got all vinal records ..good days