Discussions regarding Forgemasters retracted loan (Merged Threads)

What's up Tone, you eyeing the land up for another block of flats?

it would make a nice theme park just like alton towers....just look what that place generates in income....better than filling your lungs with all that crap and get the cheap steel from china

it would make a nice theme park just like alton towers....just look what that place generates in income....better than filling your lungs with all that crap and get the cheap steel from china

I hope one day you will say something intelligent but I fear I am always to be disappointed!

Cheap steel??? Forgemasters produces top quality engineering steels!

And so it starts.Payback time.

I wonder if this was one of the things discussed when Cameron and Thatcher met at no.10 last week.

She must be sat cackling at what his plans for S.Yorks.are.

If we survived her then im sure we can survive what Cameron and his lapdog throw at us.

Sheffield has been hit quite badly - Forgemasters, retail quarter and something to Outukumpu all cancelled or suspended.

I hope one day you will say something intelligent but I fear I am always to be disappointed!

Cheap steel??? Forgemasters produces top quality engineering steels!

so if it produces top quality engineering steels...why is it losing money...is it that it employs too many people....

or is it that nobodys buying it....................if it doesn't make any money...close it

If he was a Tory, he would have joined the Tory Party. If he were an ambitious politician whose aim was self agrandisement he would hardly chose a party which (at the time of him joining) didn't look like it would be in power anytime soon.

Maybe the Tories have a sly test and hes just passed with flying colours.

In fact he did so well they made him deputy.

so if it produces top quality engineering steels...why is it losing money...is it that it employs too many people....

or is it that nobodys buying it....................if it doesn't make any money...close it

Its not losing money.

The loan was toward devolopment.

Was the money for Forgemasters a loan or was it a grant?

(I ask because the BBC lunchtime news referred to it as both a grant and a loan.)

(I appreciate that the BBC news leaves a bit to be desired ... the programme also showed an interview with a man who commented on BP's ability to raise cash for the compensation fund ... that gentleman was described (in the banner at the bottom of the screen) as an 'Analist'. - Isn't there supposed to be a watershed?)

If Forgemasters were looking for a loan, will they be able to obtain one from the Banks? (If they have a sound business plan and the Banks won't lend them money, then why did the government bail out the banks?)

I wonder whether the government is really committed to supporting manufacturers? They talk about helping the manufacturing sector, but when?

I remember (about a year ago) a firm called Vesta, which manufactured Wind Turbines on the Isle of Wight closed down. They asked for government support and they didn't get it. - The company itself didn't fold; it moved to Spain (and the jobs moved with it.)

Have Forgemasters said what they intended to do if they didn't get a loan?

if it doesn't make any money...close it

Like they did with the banks...

Its not losing money.

There was no loan. There was no money. It was a lie.

It's a joke, Remploy nearly lost all their factories 2 years ago. Only a few

remain but staff were

integrated into remaining ones. With this nob in charge I bet when the renewal comes

up he will get rid of the remaining ones!!

I'm gutted for forgemaster employees.

Its not losing money.

Yes, that's right.;)