Summary of Sheffield Area Bus changes w/c July 25th 2010

Just seen that my sister will be having a revised bus route over in Rotherham around East Dene. I was just wondering if anyone had any more information about the new 56/57 and if its replacing the existing First 11?

Information that has been posted in the booklet above:

56/57 | Tates Travel Group - Rotherham to East Dene (Circle)

New Monday to Saturday services linking Rotherham Interchange and East Dene, Tennyson Road via Fitzwilliam Road and Cranworth Road. The first Monday to Friday bus from Rotherham Interchange will leave at 0705 and then every 15 minutes until 1750. On Saturday the first departure will be at 0805.

Its a new competing bus service against First, so no it doesn't replace the 11.

The 56/57 even has its own website! http://www.tates-travel.com/56&57

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/yorkhumber/southyorkshire/timetables/new_timetables.php

If I'm reading the timetable right it seems that the 45 doesn't go into Firth Park anymore? If true these changes have added on another 2-3 hours in travel time to my working week. Thanks First!

The 46 still does - here are the descriptions of what has changed:

45 City Centre - Firth Park

Change to route and timetable. Service will now run between City centre and Hillsborough via Grimesthorpe, Sandstone Road, Meadowhall, Wincobank, Sheffield Lane Top and Longley up to every 30 minutes. Note that customers at Sandstone Road will now benefit from faster journey times to both Meadowhall and Sheffield.

46 City Centre - Firth Park

Change to route and timetable. Service will run between City Centre and Northern General Hospital via Grimesthorpe (Margate Drive), Meadowhall, Wincobank (Standon Road) and Firth Park up to every 30 minutes. Late evening and Sunday buses will run as service 46A via Sandstone Road. Extension to Northern General Hospital at the request of customers in the Wincobank area.

It's the end of the world as we know it.....

but never mind, the bed bugs will survive.

It's the beginning of the end for good bus services...as we know it.

Compared to European bus services, well any kind of public transport, this country has gone to pot.