Summary of Sheffield Area Bus changes w/c July 25th 2010

Well, I've got two weeks left on this monthly pass, so they have two weeks to prove the 75/76 changes aren't a disaster. After a rotten, rotten journey from town today, I'm not expecting much. There must have been two buses missing, then a single decker turns up. The driver proceeds to then let three big prams on the bus, the owners of which stand glaring at each other as if someone is somehow in the wrong for being there. The bus gets more and more packed solid, with the driver really cramming them on as he stops at every single stop. To make matters worse, he jets off after cramming some very old and unsteady folk on without even giving them a moment to find a seat. Disgraceful. Fifty minutes from town to Lane Top. I pay £66 a month for this. If this service suffers further, I'm going back to cycling to town.

Yay for deregulated buses then. Yay for private industry in the public service area.

the worst thing that the gov did was de-reg of public service .

Sheffield had the best bus service and cheapest in the country, and I think the best fleet, and we never suffered all these route and time changes. lets get back to the old system. I wonder what all this change has cost but not to worry it will not be out of the profits it will be paid for in the next round of fare increases. Ex buses when it was ruin as a SERVICE. not for profit

I just don't get it at all.

I guess I was a wee bit vague in my rant... I meant bus service for meersbrook road at rushdale road..

The service thats replace the 33 now only runs between 9.30am and 2.30pm, which means people in that area who work full time normal working hours cant use the bus.

I guess I was a wee bit vague in my rant... I meant bus service for meersbrook road at rushdale road..

The service thats replace the 33 now only runs between 9.30am and 2.30pm, which means people in that area who work full time normal working hours cant use the bus.

The number 17 is replacing the 33. Last bus from town will be 18.55 which isn't very good but better that 2.30! It only goes as far as Norton Lees but I gather you want Meersbrook rd.