Sexual discrimination in football

Is it fair that female players don't get paid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair that female players don't get paid?

• Yes it's totally fair
    • No its totally unfair
    • It doesn't bother me either way
    • I think it's sexist
    • I don't think its sexist

Of course it's not a case of disrimination, it's simple economics.

You can't force people to buy anything that they don't want.

In passing, the OP's belligerent attitude doesn't help in gaining any sympathy to the cause.

Life is unfair, accept it.

Of course it's not a case of disrimination, it's simple economics.

You can't force people to buy anything that they don't want.

In passing, the OP's belligerent attitude doesn't help in gaining any sympathy to the cause.Life is unfair, accept it.

Good point. Not a good advertisment for sponsorship/funding!

More people want to watch mens football, therefore there is a higher demand therfore more money made. The more money made the higher the players can be paid.

In womens football, people just don't want to watch it, therefore there is not much money generated, so no women should not be paid as much as men because 1) There is less of a demand. 2) The quality is far worse.

The opening posters points are crazy, she is clearly "one of those women", I don't even think I have to explain what "one of those women" means :hihi: .

If you are suggesting that men and women should play together, then no. Women are not as good as men, the Arsenal Ladies, the best womens team in England would get hammered by a mens Conference team.

The bottom line is that womens football is awful, and 99.99% of people would rather watch a mens game.

and as for accusing it of being sexist, I suggest that you have a long hard look in the mirror :hihi: . The difference is that men don't get offended by sexism by women, we just laugh at it because we are safe in knowing that we are superior in almost every way to women. ;) ;) xxx

Oh, and its discrimination love x

Edited by SteveBlade

If you are suggesting that men and women should play together, then no.

Oh, but yes. There should be no gender barrier in sports; equality should rule. The best players should be at the top of the game, whether they are men or women.

If your other contention is correct that women simply aren't good enough, then they won't get into the top teams anyway; but they should be allowed the chance to prove it one way or the other.

The OP is either a troll or completely naive.

On another note I have seen a scheme in Colleges in America where top tickets for University games (e.g. mens basketball) are allocated on a points basis. To achieve points people have to have watched one ladies game. Could something similiar be done here? When you see queues for big games allocate on a similar basis - that would encourage greater support of the female side of the game.

Why should you need to attend another poor event just to be able see a chosen event?

What could be a possibility though, some teams have a 'loyalty points' basis, you could give extra points if you attend the womens team.

Advertising when the matches are on wouldnt go a miss, where do all these ladies teams play?

Excellent point, the first post is basically accusations of sexism and requesting funding, how about letting people know where it is played, when games are, how much it costs etc.

Then a decision was taken (by the ECB I believe) to put some money in. Standards improved and then they pulled off a coup. They started getting Sky to televise a few England matches. Somehow they got decent commentators (a few of those who ormally convered mens cricket) and they treated it SERIOUSLY.

It's a good view, however there are televised games already from the Beeb and SKY.

Sadly though, the standard is just truly shocking.

Anyways, moved to the correct sub-forum

Oh, but yes. There should be no gender barrier in sports; equality should rule. The best players should be at the top of the game, whether they are men or women.

If your other contention is correct that women simply aren't good enough, then they won't get into the top teams anyway; but they should be allowed the chance to prove it one way or the other.

Fair enough, I wouldn't mind them being allowed to trial for clubs, but none would get in.

Edited by SteveBlade