Sexual discrimination in football

Is it fair that female players don't get paid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is it fair that female players don't get paid?

• Yes it's totally fair
    • No its totally unfair
    • It doesn't bother me either way
    • I think it's sexist
    • I don't think its sexist

Dear Sir or Madam

I am the marketing manager for Rotherham United Ladies Football Club, a Non Profit Community Organisation.

This is a high profile Ladies football club based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire chaired by Valorie Hoyle, involved in the club for 41 years since the age of 12. Valerie Hoyle has managed to keep this club running by providing funding from her own pocket but now struggling to continue to kep this high profile club going.

I am struggling to understand, Rotherham united FC earn £1000's, Rotherham United Ladies FC earn nothing.. Why? It's the same sport, just a different sex. Doncaster Rovers FC earn £1000's, Doncaster Rovers Belles LFC earn nothing.. Again, same sport, just a different sex. Rotherham United Ladies FC are desperate for funding and sponsorship, is there anyone willing to tear themselves away from the mens teams and help these women?

Rotherham United Ladies FC are struggling to secure funding for Kits, Transport, stationary etc. I am looking for the kindness... of companies and individuals, to help this team by providing funding to supply the team with kits, equipment, stationary etc. I am more than willing to provide any proofs needed to you to assist in your decision on helping the club.

The club would appreciate any kind of help whether it be through donations for raffles to raise money, offering services free of charge, sponsorship, providing transport to take the players to matches etc.

The team's home ground is in Rotherham but they have to train in Worksop. They have to rely on each other for lifts etc. But the team are finding it extremely hard and a few players are having to leave the team due to struggling to travel. Should you be kind enough to help us and volunteer your services, I can arrange to have your details on both the team site, my own work site and my partners website along with on uniforms and stationary etc.. This would not be a problem at all. I would make sure the press covered your story and recognised your generosity should you be able to donate any of the above.

I really appreciate your time, (My sites by the way are stokes-intl-sports-school co uk ... 1st-2-find co uk & rulfc co uk )

Warm Regards..

Caroline Stokes.

--

Marketing for Rotherham United Ladies FC

Proprietor of:

Stokes-Intl-Sports-School

stokes-intl-sports-school co uk

E: carolinestokes190@googlemail.com

T: 07771421331

M: 07876363891

whippy de do da.. women dont even get thast.. im surprised if they get a cup of tea after their matches.. course its to do with sex discrimination.. whioch sex gets all the coverage in papers.. which sex gets TV ads on sport.. which sex gets paid no matter what amount.. etc etc etc..

I am doing everything i can to promote equality.. i need people like you to support me too.. pass the word around regarding my info etc.. funding etc.. look at the clubs website.. they've been going since 1969 with the chairperson still there after 41 bloody years, if that doesnt deserve equal rights in football then the world is upside down

that is to do with popularity.. man u get more than grimsby for example cos man u have bigger fan base, sell more tickets etc.. lower league teams aren't as big as premier etc.. but hey hoooo.. still, paid more than women at the end of the day. either men and women should be paid same hourly rate in football or dont get paid at all, i bet the men wouldnt play then would they

that is to do with popularity.. man u get more than grimsby for example cos man u have bigger fan base, sell more tickets etc..

Isn’t that what I said “ supply and demand.” When the Millers or Doncaster women’s teams can get gates of 70,000+ then they can ask for the same money as the Man Utd players.